By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who's excited for Skyward Sword? I'm not.

Who's excited for Skyward Sword? I'm not.

You're full of nonsense. 217 61.13%

Glad we agree on something for once. 92 25.92%

To be or not to be, that is the question. 46 12.96%

Total:355
Luthor said:

I am. You're full of nonsense.

yep full of nonsense. This game is going to be epic. I loved oblivion even if people around here didn't.

Around the Network

I'm not. Art style looks ugly, the gameplay looks gimmicky, the blurriness is annoying and the overall design of the enemies remind me of some random Dora the Explorer rip off. Not very impressed and it doesn't take a lot to impress me, especially considering that I'm playing Nier now and I'm in love.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

At first I was “meh this does not look so good” but then I thought about WW and I had the same thought about it but boy was I wrong so I am looking foreword too this. The second trailer showed some cool stuff and what we can expect from it. I just love the fact that you have too swing the sword and do stuff like you would in the real world (If this is the real world that is).

What we know is not much but they are building up the hype so that it won’t die out before it releases. They will show us stuff that will hype the game more later on when the release is closer. So I am not hyped just yet but I am very positive about the outcome.  

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Doobie_wop said:

I'm not. Art style looks ugly, the gameplay looks gimmicky, the blurriness is annoying and the overall design of the enemies remind me of some random Dora the Explorer rip off. Not very impressed and it doesn't take a lot to impress me, especially considering that I'm playing Nier now and I'm in love.

Well any new style of control is gimmicky >_>. If you have the possibilities to kill enemies in new ways then why not do it? When could you slice an enemy based on how they were turning? Don’t you see the potential here? You have too both time and strike it right or you miss the opportunity which will make the game harder. You actually have to think and not just push a button when you see an opening too strike your opponent.  

How would you do it in none “gimmicky way”?

I'm happy,but, not excited yet.

Around the Network
Roma said:
Doobie_wop said:

Well any new style of control is gimmicky >_>. If you have the possibilities to kill enemies in new ways then why not do it? When could you slice an enemy based on how they were turning? Don’t you see the potential here? You have too both time and strike it right or you miss the opportunity which will make the game harder. You actually have to think and not just push a button when you see an opening too strike your opponent.  

Every enemy becomes a puzzle. I like to kill a lot of baddies. Which means that there will be a lot of tedious puzzles that end up losing their appeal and start to become repitive after I've killed my 35th pirate monster looking thingy. Bayonetta is a game that follows a similar concept, except it's combat is far more deep and open than slashing a Wiimote in certain directions. Bayonetta rarely every repeated itself in it's combat, the little I've seen of Skyward Sword seems like the opposite. Zelda isn't a hack 'n' slash game, but it's just a small example of one of the problems I have with the game so far. 

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

SuperAdrianK said:

I mean, I'm more excited for the possibility of the OoT remake having the master quest.

Why would you be more excited for a game that you could have already played for the past 15 years than for a completely new zelda game?

Doobie_wop said:
Roma said:
Doobie_wop said:

Every enemy becomes a puzzle. I like to kill a lot of baddies. Which means that there will be a lot of tedious puzzles that end up losing their appeal and start to become repitive after I've killed my 35th pirate monster looking thingy. Bayonetta is a game that follows a similar concept, except it's combat is far more deep and open than slashing a Wiimote in certain directions. Bayonetta rarely every repeated itself in it's combat, the little I've seen of Skyward Sword seems like the opposite. Zelda isn't a hack 'n' slash game, but it's just a small example of one of the problems I have with the game so far. 

Well imagine yourself in a battlefield were your fighting monsters that block your attacks depending on the level of difficulty the enemy has. It brings you more to realism because they will block to protect themselves and you have to strike them at the right time in the right place.  

Sure you have played Bayonetta but you have only seen two minutes of SS. In previous Zelda games you just push a button at the right time to do specific moves how is that not repetitive and yet it never bothered anyone. SS actually opens up new possibilities and we will most likely get a lot of enemies at the same time.    

Yeah, definitely looking forward to Skyward Sword, I'm really hoping the controls are smooth and the AI provides a challenge. I've found adventure games this gen to really lack in challenge, they're very much not "thinky" games, but that might because most of their userbase doesn't know how to think. =D

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

I'm excited as hell, my most hyped game at the moment