By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - food for thoughts on xbox360 vs ps3...

leo-j said:
I think everyone is living under a rock...

the X360 came out an entire year earlier than the ps3..
 I think people say the wii sold as much as the 360 and ps3 should've been able to do that to somehow. To the thread starter. I think the same could be asked about the ps2 but I don't know if it really matters.You could say they still sold another system or you could say yeah they sold another system to the same person therefore you won't get extra software sales but it seems they're doing fine in that department. 

Around the Network
simonutd said:
i dunno why they do it, they just do,

a lot of companies if they get a faulty system back most of the time its not worth fixing, and whens its not it get in touch with distribution and send out a new oneand its counted as a sale, i dont know if there defenatly doing that but if they were, wow there well out if they are

Just because you say that something is happening doesn't mean that it is actually occurring.  Especially considering you are pulling numbers (33%?) apparently out of thin air with no discernable rationale that actually makes sense.

APolitical said:
simonutd said:
i dunno why they do it, they just do,

a lot of companies if they get a faulty system back most of the time its not worth fixing, and whens its not it get in touch with distribution and send out a new oneand its counted as a sale, i dont know if there defenatly doing that but if they were, wow there well out if they are

Just because you say that something is happening doesn't mean that it is actually occurring. Especially considering you are pulling numbers (33%?) apparently out of thin air with no discernable rationale that actually makes sense.

Well put APolitical, to further own this guy, vgchartz states on the front page that they gather their data from actual retailers and their sales figures, so unless microsoft has suddenly set up shop and is the only place you can buy a 360 from, you're point is empty.

In reality, what most companies do is send out another refurbished (the same product but not the one that was sent in) product to the consumers (Apple does it with the Ipods, not sure what MS does), even if that were the case, vgchartz on it's home page once again states that it gathers its data from retailers so regardless of what MS does, it doesn't effect the figures.