By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - food for thoughts on xbox360 vs ps3...

but how many are sat in a skip faulty 1 million 2 million maybe even more??

Around the Network
Sicilian4391 said:
i xbox 360 has been out for almost double the time...so of course it sold double the consoles...

It hasn't sold double the consoles, MAYBE at this point in it's life because were only a fraction of the way in, if sales like this were to increase to 100m xbox's, and only 93 PS3's, the number wouldn't be doubled, so don't think of it that way, just think of it as having sold 7m more.

On topic, my room-mate actually purchased two 360's, his first one broke before waranty and MS said they wouldn't replace it, so he ended up buying the core version. So put +2 for one person on him :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Sicilian4391 said:
i xbox 360 has been out for almost double the time...so of course it sold double the consoles...

i was thinking about tha the 360 should have sold twice as much as the wii then, no being out more than a year loner dont mean any thing.

exactly ChronotriggerJM how many others have been out and bought anougher one, he cant be the only one, i think someone should look into it and find out how many are actually in use

Given that the Video game market has grown by some 50 percent since 2000 Sony and Microsoft should be ashamed by their slow rate of sales.

Nintendo seem to be the only company who have grown into the market with the Wii.

rocketpig said:

This isn't like the PS2 situation where people just threw them away when they broke. MS is fixing all the 360s for free.

I highly doubt people just threw out their PS2's when they broke, all you had to do was phone Sony and get a new one if it was covered, and if it was passed the warranty you could get one cheap from them.  This is what i did.

MS does not fix all broken 360's for free, the extended warranty only works on the RRoD not the rampant faulty disc drives.  Before they extended the warranty everyone was paying $140 to get a replaced 360.  Go search the official 360 forums.

Around the Network
Cypher1980 said:
Given that the Video game market has grown by some 50 percent since 2000 Sony and Microsoft should be ashamed by their slow rate of sales.

Nintendo seem to be the only company who have grown into the market with the Wii.

Not really, the PS3 had one of the most expensive launch prices I can ever remember, and the 360 has never been deemed "cheap". Both consoles are more affordable now, but many gamers arent ready to make the jump to the consoles yet mainly due to price I feel. 

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

well i think most of them send their broken 360's to microsoft and got it fixed or a new and i dont think they counted that as a sale,thats why the gap is pretty big

What most companies do (i dont know if Microsoft do) when they get produts sent back is get distribution to send one out which is then classed as a sale, i just been seaching a there is quite a few with RRoD who have taken it back to the place of purchase and got a new one which is also classed as a sale

^i dont think its counted as a sale
NPD doesnt count them so i dont think the gap is much smaller then now

simonutd said:
but how many are sat in a skip faulty 1 million 2 million maybe even more??

the first 10 million were recalled....

Predicted end of gen Results

PS3--------58,000,000  Ps3 takes the lead it late 2009 and never loses the lead again

Wii---------43,000,000 Wii fade starts to die out in summer 2008 and sales decrease

Xbox 360----27,000,000