By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - food for thoughts on xbox360 vs ps3...

@ Charles01

my bad, guess I'm just not thinking clearly right now. thx for clearing that up for me

PSN ID: aceninja007

Around the Network

@ DKII

why would the ps2 sales be lower? I've never heard about people having problems with ps2's breaking. Mine never had 1 problem from when i got it in 2001 until i bought ps3 in 2007.

@ gogogadgetgo

Good point, i wonder if they do count the 2nd and 3rd x-boxes as sales.

i got my ps2 on release date and it still works great the only one i every heard of breaking was my bro when he dropped it downstaires, lol,

I got my PS2 as a wedding present how cool was that got married in october few weeks later i got my ps2.

i was thinking the same, lots of people have been and bought new ones and are selling the faulty ones on ebay,

so a percentage of them must be peoples 2nd or 3rd, so 33% means the 360 has sold 10million, all we need now is microsoft to come and and say it

simonutd said:
i got my ps2 on release date and it still works great the only one i every heard of breaking was my bro when he dropped it downstaires, lol,

I got my PS2 as a wedding present how cool was that got married in october few weeks later i got my ps2.

i was thinking the same, lots of people have been and bought new ones and are selling the faulty ones on ebay,

so a percentage of them must be peoples 2nd or 3rd, so 33% means the 360 has sold 10million, all we need now is microsoft to come and and say it

Your brother better be more careful! lol

I doubt M$ would admit it but they know its true.

i know he better, lol, it was my two bro's that bought me my ps2, and the one who dropped his ps2 just moved house and couldnt afford a ps3 so me and my other bro bought him one and release day, wasnt like there was a shortage getting hold of one, lol

Around the Network

How does someone buying a new 360 and selling their old one on eBay affect things at all? There are still two working Xboxes being used.

This isn't like the PS2 situation where people just threw them away when they broke. MS is fixing all the 360s for free.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
How does someone buying a new 360 and selling their old one on eBay affect things at all? There are still two working Xboxes being used.

This isn't like the PS2 situation where people just threw them away when they broke. MS is fixing all the 360s for free.

i actualy said selling faulty ones on ebay

simonutd said:
rocketpig said:

i actualy said selling faulty ones on ebay

Why would anyone do that? It's like selling your car for $1000 discount because it has a bad thermostat but is still under warranty.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

i dunno why they do it, they just do,

a lot of companies if they get a faulty system back most of the time its not worth fixing, and whens its not it get in touch with distribution and send out a new oneand its counted as a sale, i dont know if there defenatly doing that but if they were, wow there well out if they are

i xbox 360 has been out for almost double the time...so of course it sold double the consoles...

Predicted end of gen Results

PS3--------58,000,000  Ps3 takes the lead it late 2009 and never loses the lead again

Wii---------43,000,000 Wii fade starts to die out in summer 2008 and sales decrease

Xbox 360----27,000,000