By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: You're Going To see More And More Core Kinect Games

welcome to:

===== http://www.clothes6.org  ====

Air jordan(1-24)shoes $30

Handbags(Coach l v f e n d i d&g) $35

Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $15

Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30

Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,A r m a i n i) $15

New era cap $12

Bikini (Ed hardy,polo) $20

accept paypal and free shipping

====== http://www.clothes6.org ====

http://www.clothes6.org

Around the Network
AussieGecko said:
LivingMetal said:

Nothing wrong with downplaying something that's not worth upplaying.  If you don't like it, why praise it?  A lot of us downplay hype when there is little substance to back it up.  Until I see effective survival/horror and turn-based rpgs for the Kinect, it's not worth my hard earned money and time.  Let's see something of substance before we bend over forward for something.

im not saying that. I am saying dont do it on every kinect thread

It's not just that.  You also said "And if you dont see it..."  to the "one idea" that Dr. Grass is trying to find to make Kinect appealing to him.  If he doesn't "see it", then it's not there for him and anyone else who isn't praising Kinect like you are.  And you also said "many threads," NOT "every."  Big difference.

LivingMetal said:

It's not just that.  You also said "And if you dont see it..."  to the "one idea" that Dr. Grass is trying to find to make Kinect appealing to him.  If he doesn't "see it", then it's not there for him and anyone else who isn't praising Kinect like you are.  And you also said "many threads," NOT "every."  Big difference.

I would rather address to Mr. Grass but whatever.

The fact that he doesnt like Kinect is a moot point. Whatever he can dislike it, I dont like certain things, doesnt mean on every thread of the involved topic I will comment, in fact as I dont like it I will try to stay away from it. 

What is happening is a type of spam. He is spamming threads with the same damn negative input. 

Everythread I have seen is many, many is becasue I havent seen every Kinect thread to comment on all. 

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

LivingMetal said:
AussieGecko said:
LivingMetal said:

Nothing wrong with downplaying something that's not worth upplaying.  If you don't like it, why praise it?  A lot of us downplay hype when there is little substance to back it up.  Until I see effective survival/horror and turn-based rpgs for the Kinect, it's not worth my hard earned money and time.  Let's see something of substance before we bend over forward for something.

im not saying that. I am saying dont do it on every kinect thread

I am impressed.

AussieGecko said:
LivingMetal said:

The fact that he doesnt like Kinect is a moot point. Whatever he can dislike it, I dont like certain things, doesnt mean on every thread of the involved topic I will comment, in fact as I dont like it I will try to stay away from it. 

What is happening is a type of spam. He is spamming threads with the same damn negative input. 

Everythread I have seen is many, many is becasue I havent seen every Kinect thread to comment on all. 

Its Dr.Grass!    D  O  C   T   O   R

Around the Network
AussieGecko said:
LivingMetal said:

Kinda like how you were accusing me of being a stealth troll for not being absolutely 100% Xbox 360...?

AussieGecko said:
LivingMetal said:

It isn't spamming.

Who said I don't like Kinect? The Hybrid games on the next gen consoles will be awesome. It's the future. However, for the umpteenth time, there isn't much to be excited about on 360 with the major exception being Child of Eden.

It's a very simple point.

Seeing as no-one has demonstrated how a not-on-rails game will work, I think my query is most certainly justified. Just a shame you got all butthurt and didn't want to discuss the point.

Dr.Grass said:

It isn't spamming.

Who said I don't like Kinect? The Hybrid games on the next gen consoles will be awesome. It's the future. However, for the umpteenth time, there isn't much to be excited about on 360 with the major exception being Child of Eden.

It's a very simple point.

Seeing as no-one has demonstrated how a not-on-rails game will work, I think my query is most certainly justified. Just a shame you got all butthurt and didn't want to discuss the point.

No its not justified if you do it on all the threads you can. If you do it on one thread I would respond as some people have but you do it on most threads its annoying. This tag teaming is bloody annoying btw so I will talk to you only.

You yourself said Kinect is yet to prove itself to you... I am assuming that is to make you like it? 

There isnt much to be excited IN YOUR OPINION. Dont make that fact. No-one has to demostrate it to you. I have no issue with the fact that you are saying it. I get that. Non on-rails hasn't been truly been shown yet though here is another point, most of us arent game developers and its not our job. You are asking us to do a game developers job. If we had this answer which you know will be impossible to answer otherwise we would be working elsewhere as a way of making your point know it seems.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I had the biggest laugh in a while reading that post.... ok kinect is a piece of crap technology.... and so what if you don't like it don't buy it..... then again pile of crap tech been the doorway to great success in the past... you know what was the biggest pile of crap back in the days something called PS 1 and look at it how ever you want this is not an opinion call it was the worst platform out at the time it's a no brainer never the less it launched sony to sky results......

now again it's like people bitching about XBL vs PSN being overpriced.... once again if you don't like it or are to cheap to buy it at that price don't.... the numbers prove that enough people are ready to rack that money.... stupid from them it's your call end of the day if i can afford it I really could care less about the jealous pricks that don't, won't or can't.... and i'm not rolling on gold.... but then again numbers are there and solid and not anywhere close to change...

anyway the success of something is not measured by its quality but by its sales number and profit generated..... this is true for PS, nintendo, MS, apple, etc.....

now kinect might not be all what people hoped... but at 4 months in, in the middle of the dead season ( yeah mid march to july is almost always dead why people are still surprised????) with a spring update to come and a couple second gen games too I think kinect is doing exactly what it is supposed to do.... and will get better.... I'm sorry but Wii to me was the same at launch a couple alright family game but nothing to have a real hard on except first party titles IF you do like them.... I think kinect has a great future maybe not in your livingroom but does it really matter.... no.... to me it's just a great gadget I can navigate hands free with and if i couldn't play games with it I would still had gotten it because its cool lol...

so haters give it a break... Kinect is the tech of the year even if you don't like it.....

endimion said:

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I had the biggest laugh in a while reading that post.... ok kinect is a piece of crap technology.... and so what if you don't like it don't buy it..... then again pile of crap tech been the doorway to great success in the past... you know what was the biggest pile of crap back in the days something called PS 1 and look at it how ever you want this is not an opinion call it was the worst platform out at the time it's a no brainer never the less it launched sony to sky results......

now again it's like people bitching about XBL vs PSN being overpriced.... once again if you don't like it or are to cheap to buy it at that price don't.... the numbers prove that enough people are ready to rack that money.... stupid from them it's your call end of the day if i can afford it I really could care less about the jealous pricks that don't, won't or can't.... and i'm not rolling on gold.... but then again numbers are there and solid and not anywhere close to change...

anyway the success of something is not measured by its quality but by its sales number and profit generated..... this is true for PS, nintendo, MS, apple, etc.....

now kinect might not be all what people hoped... but at 4 months in, in the middle of the dead season ( yeah mid march to july is almost always dead why people are still surprised????) with a spring update to come and a couple second gen games too I think kinect is doing exactly what it is supposed to do.... and will get better.... I'm sorry but Wii to me was the same at launch a couple alright family game but nothing to have a real hard on except first party titles IF you do like them.... I think kinect has a great future maybe not in your livingroom but does it really matter.... no.... to me it's just a great gadget I can navigate hands free with and if i couldn't play games with it I would still had gotten it because its cool lol...

so haters give it a break... Kinect is the tech of the year even if you don't like it.....

I am simply asking what the excitement is about. Important to note that I'm not asking in an accusative sense. I'm dead serious.

I have no doubt that the next gen consoles will mostly launch with a 3d camera and voice recognition. There are in fact already some hybrid games on PS3 (GT5 for example). But I don't know how a completely controller free experience will be immersive to the people who play Halo/Gears/Uncharted,FF, MGS etc. etc. for 20 hours a week (that"s roughly how much I'm gaming at the moment).

So I'm not sure why your laughing. I haven't heard many 'haters' as you label them say that Kinect will fail as a commercial product.

So I have a 360, but I'm not convinced I should spend money on Kinect. This comes from a guy that spends a lot of time and money on videogames.

I don't see what's funny about that.

What is funny is that some people get so offended when Kinect is criticized. That's some seriously funny stuff. Like it affects their life at all...

But you see, the games that I play do affect my life.