By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Japanese Devs Talk NGP

goforgold said:
patapon said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Also why did these guys not say anything critical on the system?  Seems like it was just a few questions posed to get positive feedback and nothing else, which is a wasted interview (with so many top devs) if you ask me.

Seriously...

What genuine criticism can these guys really level against the NGP at this stage in the game? (no pun intended)

As a developer, I would be concerned about ease of development, potential for new gameplay possibilities, and ultimately that the system isn't going to be as piracy ridden as the PSP. Looks like ease of development is covered. There has been SO much positive press about this. Sony seems to finally understand and that's a plus. New gameplay possibilities? Back touch pad is looking HOT! Developers must be very interested in that. And it's not like conventional control inputs have disappeared either... Actually, all of them are present from my understanding. Duel analog? Touchscreen? Basic D-pad with shoulder buttons and whatnot? Check. As for piracy? It's probably a good thing the ps3 fell when it did. Sony will be very cautious about their new portable and the events that surrounded the psp.

I don't see what 'criticisms' are even possible right now given our current understand of the NGP. But you seem to disagree... What should these developers be saying exactly?

Maybe people are just angry that the NGP is being received so positively... The plan/hope/dream for many on this site was that the NGP would 1st Be announced, 2nd Offer nothing new,  3rd Be received horribly by gaming press & developers alike, 4th Have an insanely high price tag that FAR exceeds Nintendo's offerings,  5th Receive no games and lastly, 6th NGP funeral procession driven by Apple

Looking at this progression, 1 certainly happened... but the plan starts to fall apart at 2 I'm afraid with 3 being almost the polar opposite... and 4 isn't looking likely because of Nintendo's own hubris and Sony's current target for a $299 model. 5? First party games are coming but don't know about 3rd parties just yet... Can't wait for E3 and TGS to find out! And for 6... to early, can't tell

I wish I had a crystal ball :(

it did seem like a really odd reply...... and@ bolded

really :/

then again I do remember more doomed threads for this .... Before it was even confirmed to exist, or even had a PIC of

Why did my post cause you confusion?

People exist who dislike a console based souly on the name of the developer. NGP is no different. As a matter of fact, it's the driving force why people voice things like that it NEEDS to be criticized on this website

Around the Network
patapon said:

People exist who dislike a console based souly on the name of the developer. NGP is no different. As a matter of fact, it's the driving force why people voice things like that it NEEDS to be criticized on this website

that's just sad

goforgold said:
patapon said:

that's just sad

Yeah people like that are kinda sad  It's a problem 

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

goforgold said:
patapon said:

that's just sad

NGP is a very scary console: It can be the best console ever and can be the biggest disaster ever. For half the excitement over it, people hated as much. It's such a huge leap and so hard to find a fault with so far which is why you will see people complain about its games which Sony hasnt annouced yet, its size although thinner than the original, its battery life, its price, people are truly looking for that one negative thing to jump on and sadly Sony hasnt given them that opening yet. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
goforgold said:
patapon said:

that's just sad

NGP is a very scary console: It can be the best console ever and can be the biggest disaster ever. For half the excitement over it, people hated as much. It's such a huge leap and so hard to find a fault with so far which is why you will see people complain about its games which Sony hasnt annouced yet, its size although thinner than the original, its battery life, its price, people are truly looking for that one negative thing to jump on and sadly Sony hasnt given them that opening yet. 

But you know when they do, we will have no shortage of threads about it

Around the Network
psrock said:
goforgold said:
patapon said:

that's just sad

People aren't really looking for them, in many cases people want their possible issues answered.  With power comes a cost of battery, also with power comes price, with that comes development costs, which then translates to game prices, Sony has given some answers that open up new questions and they're questions people want answered.  And there's nothing wrong with that since you know people asked it about 3DS as well, but Nintendo gave answers to most of the dire questions rather quickly, which is games and a few specifics about the hardware.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

patapon said:
psrock said:
goforgold said:
patapon said:

that's just sad

lol I don't think they will 'wait' until then tho :P keep in mind we did have PSP2 DOA threads one after another just after 3DS launch..funny thing tho, we didn't know about the battery life, region lock, online system (friend codes) until a month or till the launch either. Heck even price was announced pretty late..but that's all good -_-

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
patapon said:
psrock said:
goforgold said:
patapon said:

that's just sad

lol I don't think they will 'wait' until then tho :P keep in mind we did have PSP2 DOA threads one after another just after 3DS launch..funny thing tho, we didn't know about the battery life, region lock, online system (friend codes) until a month or till the launch either. Heck even price was announced pretty late..but that's all good -_-

Oh, Woe is Sony... despite what many people may start to believe, there is no secret society out there throwing quarters and UMDs into a wishing well waiting for Sony's demise. Obvious Trollers will be banned; straight up.

And people knew about 3DS specs/features way before its Japanese release. Only reason there is PSP2 DOA mentalities permeating is because of the PSPs demise in the West and uncertainty as to whether's Sony's SOFTWARE can avoid that from happening with NGP.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
patapon said:
psrock said:
goforgold said:
patapon said:

that's just sad

Oh, Woe is Sony... despite what many people may start to believe, there is no secret society out there throwing quarters and UMDs into a wishing well waiting for Sony's demise. Obvious Trollers will be banned; straight up.

And people knew about 3DS specs/features way before its Japanese release. Only reason there is PSP2 DOA mentalities permeating is because of the PSPs demise in the West and uncertainty as to whether's Sony's SOFTWARE can avoid that from happening with NGP.

? don't see anyone talking about 'secret societies' and such here..too much tv? and I agree, 'obvious' trolls will be banned for sure

and none of you guys knew about region locking, friend codes, proper pricing by region, battery life etc. until it was near the release in jp...so my point stands. Don't think sony will be releasing the device next month. E3, GC and TGS will all come before the release of NGP and we will see such details by then for sure. Sony doesn't have to follow the same 'time line' set by Ninty or anything here..they will announce them in the coming months, especially on the major gaming occasions.

and nope the reason why people made the DOA threads were because they thought 3DS with it's new found 3rd party support with 'hardcore' games will annhialate any chance PSP2 would have to succeed. If you don't remember feel free to dig them back up again and you will see many threads/posts about 'can the psp2 survive without a 3d glass' 'psp2 won't have dev support now' etc etc. It was a bunch of threads/posts riding the high of the announcement of 3ds, nothing more nothing less. Well gamers are excited about NGP, it's getting over 80 (iirc most prob higher now) devs working on games for it, it's a really impressive piece of tech with a lot of potential graphically AND gameplay wise.

What patapon/psrock are saying is right. At this stage there isn't much negative to say about the product...yet some 'want' to find something wrong with it..least they could do is wait a bit till we get more info

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Funny how so many of them praised the touch panel on the back...