By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre-Order Chart (2011 2/26)

looking forward to Ghost Recon 4 and Crysis.

Gears will have the second biggest first wk behind that COD crap

Around the Network
Machina said:
Conegamer said:
BenVTrigger said:

Numbers are wrong.  I guess VgChartz decided to directly ignore the free $5 off pre-order for Gears of War when purchasing Bulletstorm that was running ALL WEEK.  I usually trust VgChartz numbers but the pre-order numbers are way off.  Gears should have seen a fairly large increase and yet it only does around what its been doing the whole time?  Sorry your numbers are wrong.  I work for Gamestop and know we pre-ordered more than that.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/bulletstorm-epic-edition/77658

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/gears-of-war-3/77663

Numbers were wrong last week. This is a sorta regular thing now

I wonder if VGCPro people get more accurate data?

That makes no sense whatsoever. Why would Brett publish two different sets of numbers for the same game in the same week? Gears 3 pre-orders increased some 60 % this week, so there was a change.

Also, Pro hasn't even launched yet.

Yeah I know it did have a big increase over last weeks numbers, but I though last weeks numbers were purposely posted low in order to edit numbers because it had been overtracked in recent weeks.  I just find it hard to believe that pre-orers would be that low considering just at my main store we had 6 new reservations on Gears of War 3 just at the Bulletstorm midnight launch.  We have 5,000 domestic stores in North America and these numbers are supposed to have me believe that through an entire week per store we only got roughly 1 pre-order for Gears of War 3 all week?  There's just no way.  Not to mention thats just taking into account Gamestop store locations not counting other retailers such as Best Buy.  I almost always defend VgChartz numbers and this is my favorite website, but I can tell you these numbers are wrong, I'm sure of it.

OMG A STAR WARZ GAME IS ON THERE!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Look at that Gears beasting away with still over half a year before it comes out.

People still pre-ordering Dragon age 2 after that awful demo ? , it should add negative numbers :(

Around the Network
VXIII said:

People still pre-ordering Dragon age 2 after that awful demo ? , it should add negative numbers :(

The demo wasn't bad....it by itself was better then Dragon Age: Orgins. 

yo_john117 said:
VXIII said:

Not in my opinion , they kept every bad thing from Orgins and changed all the good things , kept the poor graphics , weak textures , very bad facial expressions and animations , and changed the most important part , the gameplay ,they took the RPG feel from it, it's really feels like an action game now, what a disappointment :(

VXIII said:
yo_john117 said:
VXIII said:

Not in my opinion , they kept every bad thing from Orgins and changed all the good things , kept the poor graphics , weak textures , very bad facial expressions and animations , and changed the most important part , the gameplay ,they took the RPG feel from it, it's really feels like an action game now, what a disappointment :(

I liked it...it felt more Mass Effect 2 like and that is my favorite game ever.

And I thought the graphics looked good and facial animations weren't that bad either.

I probably still won't get it though since I gotta go on a couple month game buying hiatus.

yo_john117 said:
VXIII said:
yo_john117 said:
VXIII said:

And I thought the graphics looked good and facial animations weren't that bad either.

I probably still won't get it though since I gotta go on a couple month game buying hiat

Good :D

VXIII said:
yo_john117 said:
VXIII said:
yo_john117 said:
VXIII said:

I probably still won't get it though since I gotta go on a couple month game buying hiat

Good :D

Haha you really don't like that game do you?