By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can 360 catch the Wii in the Americas UPDATED

Can 360 catch the Wii in the Americas

yes 57 33.93%

no 111 66.07%

Total:168

I think it all has to do with when the Wii U is going to come out, what Nintendo is going to do with the Wii once the Wii U is out, and when the Xbox 3 comes out.

When the Wii U comes out, there is going to be a lot less incentive for consumers to buy the Wii. Presumably the demand for the Wii would go down.

If Nintendo decides to continue supporting the Wii post-Wii U release that could change things, but I highly doubt Nintendo will do that as the Wii U is supposed to cover both casual and hardcore gamers.

Honestly it probably all comes down to when the Xbox 3 comes out. The sooner the Xbox 3 comes out, the less chance the 360 will pass the Wii in the Americas.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:

Yes, No Later than December 2013. Anyone wanna bet?

how about never lol. 360 will never catch the PS2 either.

i bet my dirty socks that it won't happen, and i need those socks cause there the only pair i got. and if i win you buy me one new left sock cause the other foot needs some air.

nope

it all depends on when wii sells drop during the holiday season and when the wii gets discontinued, or the 360 for that matter.

we know ps3 will be around invading undeveloped markets, and selling somewht well in the U.S. after PS4 releases so PS3 has a better chance of doing it the 360, but i wouldn't doubt it either.