By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony makes yet another major mistake

Uploading it and then publicly admitting it is bad for him

Around the Network

They could make a game out of this.

A regular fanboy as the hero. This hackers who say they are fighting for freedom, the enemies.

It would be so epic!! And Sony would be free to punch them in the face all over the game...

Of course, that game shouldn't be charged.

Well, the law is the law until it's repealed , whether it's liked or not.

methinks Mr. Chocobuns or w/e is in for a nasty shock.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Uraeus said:

I think Sony is banking on being able to put at least a few of the people inolved behind bars or fined to hell. The guy who ended up spending 3 years in Gaol for having taken the Half-life 2 source code seemed to have decided he had better things to spend his life on for example. And if they succeed the hackers out there will know that yes, they can break the Sony security systems, but they would have to be prepared to go to Gaol for it.

So from their viewpoint I don't think they are making a major mistake, they are just making sure that everyone knows that enabling piracy and cheating on Sony devices has a cost.

Fixed.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Around the Network

Police is now Sony's pupets? Interesting...

It is a sad day when hackers are seen as the good guys and corporation's like SONY are seen as evil for using all legal avenues open to them to stop the hackers. where some people like i or not Hacking is illegal and SONY or any other corporation has the right to use all legal means at there disposal to deal with them these hackers have opened up the PS3 for piracy they use the Pathetic excuse of all systems should be open and it was not about piracy at all but the PS3 is a GAMES CONSOLE not a PC if they wont Linux then they should get a PC and run a better version of Linux anyway. 

I hope Graf chokolo gets made an example of so other hackers will realise that you can't get away with hacking.  

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Sony make another major mistake!

is that title for real? the code is already out there, whats he done? only released it again,the damage has been done. Sony is making a statment here, mess with their system and they WILL find you and bring the law to your door.

Sony knew what his threat was they just wanted him to admit it publicly that he has released it, this should go down nicley in court.

Just saw this on the news! Seems to have spread quite quickly.

The way they are reporting it is to basically say you don't own anything you buy from Sony and if you do anything to their product they will come raid you!

Which makes no sense to me....

If i buy anything that product becomes mine, i should be able to blow it up, jam megadrive cartridges in the cd player, paint it purple, do anything i like to it.

Hyruken said:

Just saw this on the news! Seems to have spread quite quickly.

The way they are reporting it is to basically say you don't own anything you buy from Sony and if you do anything to their product they will come raid you!

Which makes no sense to me....

If i buy anything that product becomes mine, i should be able to blow it up, jam megadrive cartridges in the cd player, paint it purple, do anything i like to it.

Sony wouldn't get anywhere if that's all they've got. It has to do with distribution of custom firmware me thinks. If it was solely down to hardware mods then none of this would/could happen. There are certain restrictions on software however.