By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's Back, Baby!

Whats PAL stand for?

Around the Network
hongkongfuey^2 said:
Whats PAL stand for?

It's a regional nickname for the areas that use PAL television encoding (America and Japan use NTSC). It includes Europe, Australia, and a handful of other areas.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Famine, little big planet isn't going to be this huge commercial success you guys are all talking about. The type of people who would normally buy that game have a Wii, not a PS3. Not only that, Home is not a game, and I highly doubt it is going to do anything for the hardware sales of the PS3. The only people who are going to be interested in Home are the ones who own a PS3. People aren't going to al of a sudden run out and buy a PS3 for Home or LBP.

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

@ Rocketpig

Thanks for the explanation man

WEWdeadeye said:
Famine, little big planet isn't be this huge game you guys are all talking about. The type of people who would normally buy that game have a Wii, not a 360. Not only that, Home is not a game, and I highly doubt it is going to do anything for the hardware sales of the PS3. The only people who are going to be interested in Home are the ones who own a PS3. People aren't going to al of a sudden run out and buy a PS3 for Home or LBP.

Then why are people so infatuated with them, especially Reggie?

Maybe they wouldn't have moved hardware... and maybe they would have, who knows? Still, they could have been great incentives as to why it's appropriate to buy a PS3 "NOW."

Around the Network
Famine said:
WEWdeadeye said:
Famine, little big planet isn't be this huge game you guys are all talking about. The type of people who would normally buy that game have a Wii, not a 360. Not only that, Home is not a game, and I highly doubt it is going to do anything for the hardware sales of the PS3. The only people who are going to be interested in Home are the ones who own a PS3. People aren't going to al of a sudden run out and buy a PS3 for Home or LBP.

Then why are people so infatuated with them, especially Reggie?

Maybe they wouldn't have moved hardware... and maybe they would have, who knows? Still, they could have been great incentives as to why it's appropriate to buy a PS3 "NOW."

just like a psp hmm?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

just like a psp hmm?

Who mentioned PSP, aside from you? As a matter of fact, what game on the PSP garnered that much attention, aside from Monster Hunter Freedom 2?

Famine said:

kirby007 said:

just like a psp hmm?

Who mentioned PSP, aside from you? As a matter of fact, what game on the PSP garnered that much attention, aside from Monster Hunter Freedom 2?

well though it was about home => makes the ps3 more multimedia

my bad

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

ps3 is already a failure, even if it goes to number 1 at the end of this generation.

ps2 just dominated so much and ps3 is still last over a year span.

@end

Why is ps3 a failure?

mM