By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will we see a new Zelda Skyward Sword trailer next week?

Pavolink said:

The game is almost finish. But they want to release after Ocarina of Time. I fear that if a Zelda game has a trailer at GDC, that would be Ocarina of Time 3D, and maybe Skyward Sword gets one until E3 or after Zelda OoT 3DS release.

They don't ant to hype Zelda SS in the same way they did with TP. Thay are using other methods.

Off-topic: To embed the video, you should edit the op and then the button to embed appears next to the image one.

Man there was soo much in that trailer that was not in the final game and I was soo looking foreword to that forest and that spider boss running after you. It even looked darker than what we got in the end.

It looked better than what we got in the end :/

I am sure we will see another trailer for SS but I hope they don’t show us cool stuff only to remove them later when it releases!!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Roma said:
Pavolink said:

The game is almost finish. But they want to release after Ocarina of Time. I fear that if a Zelda game has a trailer at GDC, that would be Ocarina of Time 3D, and maybe Skyward Sword gets one until E3 or after Zelda OoT 3DS release.

They don't ant to hype Zelda SS in the same way they did with TP. Thay are using other methods.

Off-topic: To embed the video, you should edit the op and then the button to embed appears next to the image one.

Man there was soo much in that trailer that was not in the final game and I was soo looking foreword to that forest and that spider boss running after you. It even looked darker than what we got in the end.

I am sure we will see another trailer for SS but I hope they don’t show us cool stuff only to remove them later when it releases!!

Yes, you are totally right. The enviroment on this trailer was simply amazing. It was definately the darkest Zelda ever seen to date. Unfortunately, most of those scenes were epic fakes just to mantain high levels of hype among between the users.

Yes, that spider chasing you was something I would have liked to see in the final game, not that ridiculous Ghoma that we had as final boss in the temple of time.

DoomXploder7 said:

don't care about a trailer just need a release date. 

Only care about the music I hope it's in the trailer.

DavidValbu said:
Roma said:
Pavolink said:

Yes, you are totally right. The enviroment on this trailer was simply amazing. It was definately the darkest Zelda ever seen to date. Unfortunately, most of those scenes were epic fakes just to mantain high levels of hype among between the users.

Yes, that spider chasing you was something I would have liked to see in the final game, not that ridiculous Ghoma that we had as final boss in the temple of time.

I wouldn’t cal them fake just that they were removed in the end :/

I am sure Miyamoto thought it was too dark and told them to change stuff in it. If it were up to Eji aunoma (SP) it would have been a darker game than what we got in the end.

The more I think about it the more I feel 

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Pavolink said:

I'm looking forward to the day where Zelda games will have an *actual* forest with trees all around, for you to get lost in it. That trailer was simply stunning. I still love TP, but yes it was dissapointing that there were things that were changed or weren't included. You can just tell how different it is from this trailer.

Around the Network

Oh I hope so!  Theres's still so much we don't know.

I doubt it b/c this is Nintendo after all,but, I hope I'm wrong though.

My expectations:

• New SS trailer
  • Announcement of Pikmin 3
  • Xenoblade translation, TLS as well
  • DQX announcement/update
  • F-Zero/Starfox remake by Retro
  • New IP announced
  • Wii 2/Vitality sensor/Update announced
  • 3DS blowout
That's a lot, but including E3? That's what will happen. But when will they be announced?
Hopefully the top 3 at GDC, rest probably at E3 would be my guess

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

GDC is celebrating its 25th Anniversary, and Iwata's speech is about 25 years of videogames:

Video Games Turn 25: A Historical Perspective and Vision for the Future

For a quarter of a century, the engine of video games has been "must have"—the viral communication of what a gamer simply can't do without. Sometimes it's hardware, sometimes software, sometimes an accessory, but "must have" always describes an experience that can't be missed—the next big thing.

Along the way, innovation has continuously reinvented the game experience in terms of graphics, player control and pure game design. But in the process, part of the magic of those early days of game creation has been lost.

As a leading player during all 25 years of the modern video gaming era, Nintendo has a unique perspective on what makes gamers grin, what defines the term "gamer" and what is essential to ensuring industry growth.
Nintendo President Satoru Iwata will draw from his development roots and talk not only about how video gaming has evolved, but also, more importantly, he will offer his views on where we go from here."

That's from http://www.gdconf.com/conference/keynotes.html.

I'm expecting a Skyward Sword trailer, with this keynote focusing on 25 years of GDC and it being Zelda's 25th anniversary, and with a brand new Zelda game due this year, it makes sense. He might touch on how Wii motion plus will reinvent the Zelda experience, or something like that. Plus, Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks have all recieved exposure at previous GDC events.

Conegamer said:

My expectations:

• New SS trailer
  • Announcement of Pikmin 3
  • Xenoblade translation, TLS as well
  • DQX announcement/update
  • F-Zero/Starfox remake by Retro
  • New IP announced
  • Wii 2/Vitality sensor/Update announced
  • 3DS blowout
That's a lot, but including E3? That's what will happen. But when will they be announced?
Hopefully the top 3 at GDC, rest probably at E3 would be my guess

Thanks god you explained clearly that you were not expecting all of this in  the GDC. The have to keep something for next E3!!

Some of you are willing to see a new Zelda trailer next week, would you be disappointed if not?