By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Where will de Blob 2 sell best???

Where will de Blob 2 sell best???

On The Wii! 122 57.01%

On the PS3! 19 8.88%

On the Xbox360! 18 8.41%

It won't sell well! 33 15.42%

Who cares! 22 10.28%

Total:214
Gamerace said:
Chrizum said:
Gamerace said:
Chrizum said:
Gamerace said:
Conegamer said:
Gamerace said:

That's true.  But not on Wii.   There's vertually no competition on Wii and it's still waaay down from De Blob's first week sales.

Virtually no competition on Wii? What would you call Kirby and Donkey Kong?

Old news?  

DKCR has some strong legs but the same can't be said of Kirby.   Mario Sports Mix would be more relevant here but that's hardly a strong competitor either at this point.  

Kirby just released in Europe and Oceania though and I would hardly call DKCR old news as that game is huge, most people probably aren't tired of it yet (I know I'm not).

True, I wasn't considering Europe but still on a console with an installed base as huge as Wii's it's hard to say a game that's been out for months and one other game is crushing any potential for De Blob 2.  

That's like saying because CoD:BO come out months ago and Dragon's Age 2 came out now, that every other game on PS3/360 must sell miserably.    While it's still true for De Blob2, it hardly true in general.

Agreed, there's just no demand for a sequel for this game it seems. If people would want to play the game, they would buy it, competition or no.

I was still planning on buying it but I can't find the Wii version anywhere. I'll probably settle for the 360 version.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
Gamerace said:
Chrizum said:
Gamerace said:
Chrizum said:
Gamerace said:
Conegamer said:
Gamerace said:

That's true.  But not on Wii.   There's vertually no competition on Wii and it's still waaay down from De Blob's first week sales.

Old news?  

DKCR has some strong legs but the same can't be said of Kirby.   Mario Sports Mix would be more relevant here but that's hardly a strong competitor either at this point.  

Kirby just released in Europe and Oceania though and I would hardly call DKCR old news as that game is huge, most people probably aren't tired of it yet (I know I'm not).

True, I wasn't considering Europe but still on a console with an installed base as huge as Wii's it's hard to say a game that's been out for months and one other game is crushing any potential for De Blob 2.  

That's like saying because CoD:BO come out months ago and Dragon's Age 2 came out now, that every other game on PS3/360 must sell miserably.    While it's still true for De Blob2, it hardly true in general.

Agreed, there's just no demand for a sequel for this game it seems. If people would want to play the game, they would buy it, competition or no.

I was still planning on buying it but I can't find the Wii version anywhere. I'll probably settle for the 360 version.

I don't know if that's good - that they all sold - or bad - Retailers didn't bother to order it, or did in very low quantities - probably a bit of both.

Gamerace said:
Chrizum said:
Gamerace said:
Chrizum said:
Gamerace said:
Chrizum said:
Gamerace said:
Conegamer said:
Gamerace said:

Old news?  

I don't know if that's good - that they all sold - or bad - Retailers didn't bother to order it, or did in very low quantities - probably a bit of both.

Well, according to Free Record Shop (large retailer of multimedia here) the game doesn't exist for Wii, only PS3/360. I could order the game online but the 360 version may be the better version anyway.

Gamerace said:
Chrizum said:
Gamerace said:
Conegamer said:
Gamerace said:
RolStoppable said:
Gamerace said:

Normally I'd say Wii easily for a game like this, but the Wii's audience has largely lost interest in all but the biggest titles (Goldeneye, DKCR, Epic Mickey) with smaller titles, even the likes of Kirby and Metroid barely registering.

On top of that, sequels historically due horrid on Wii.  Most casual Wii owners are like, 'been there, done that, why buy the same game again?'  Even SMG2 will never approach the original's sales.  

Yes, Just Dance 2 is an exception, granted.  Dancing games in general seem to be on the rise as the fad catches on.

PS3's user base is too old and too core. 

Makes the winner 360 in my estimation.

I generally like you, but this one post of yours stands for what I don't like about you. I don't agree at all with these observations and it's a good thing that now we finally have a worthy multiplatform game to put these theories to the test.

With the first week results in, it's pretty obvious that games doing bad can't be blamed on the Wii audience, rather its the games themselves being the problem.

Well, the fact that I'm completely wrong (even prior to posting...) just speaks for itself.  Well, not completely.  It's still yet another sequel selling horridly on Wii.  As to why it's selling so bad, that's certainly up to debate. 

The reviews are decent enough.   It's a shame really, deserves better all around.   Mind you, I played the first game, I've no interest in it either.

Pretty much.

There's too much else out ATM for de Blob to get a look in, sadly. Shame really

Old news?  

What about pokemon? 3DS?

It's not just Wii games which are fighting it. I had to put off my purchase because of it...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

RolStoppable said:
Gamerace said:

Well, the fact that I'm completely wrong (even prior to posting...) just speaks for itself.  Well, not completely.  It's still yet another sequel selling horridly on Wii.  As to why it's selling so bad, that's certainly up to debate. 

The reviews are decent enough.   It's a shame really, deserves better all around.   Mind you, I played the first game, I've no interest in it either.

The general consensus is that de Blob 2 really isn't much of an improvement over the first game and that one was plagued by repetition, a major issue that hasn't been fixed in the sequel. Now sequels doing terrible on the Wii seems to have to do less with the audience than the games themselves. If a game doesn't seem to be worth its price tag, well, then you don't buy it. It's as simple as that and the reality is that most sequels that get put on the Wii aren't worth it.

Then you have sequels bucking this trend, like Just Dance 2 which offers substantial improvements over the first game (at least that's the word). That can't be coincidence. Lastly, there are titles like Super Mario Galaxy 2 that don't outperform their predecessor, but also don't perform notably worse than comparable games did on the PS2. A sequel selling less was pretty common on the PS2, even if it had the same or a higher level of quality.

de Blob 2 sales on the Wii would be worrisome, if the game did better on the 360 or PS3, but it bombed on all platforms.

This

If the PS360 versions were selling about 100,000 copies, then yes, its bad. But its selling even worse on the PS360 than Wii. So its the game at fault here, not the platform

I blame bad release time and lack of advertising as well as making a mediocre game when great games are coming out now

Around the Network

Here are the current sale numbers according to vgchartz:

Americas Week 2 EMEEA Week 2 World Week 2 World total
Wii 1,112 1,722 2,834 9,107
PS3 675 N/A 675 2,566
X360 630 N/A 630 1,550
DS 241 N/A 241 1,147

hentai_11 said:

Here are the current sale numbers according to vgchartz:

Americas Week 2 EMEEA Week 2 World Week 2 World total
Wii 1,112 1,722 2,834 9,107
PS3 675 N/A 675 2,566
X360 630 N/A 630 1,550
DS 241 N/A 241 1,147

Nice hold for the 360 version!

During one of my free periods, I went into Winchester city centre again.

The game still is being hardly stocked anywhere.  At HMV, only the 360 and DS versions were available and at GAME only the 360 and Wii versions were stocked.  I really thought they would not only have all versions, but have more copies of each as well

MrT-Tar said:

During one of my free periods, I went into Winchester city centre again.

The game still is being hardly stocked anywhere.  At HMV, only the 360 and DS versions were available and at GAME only the 360 and Wii versions were stocked.  I really thought they would not only have all versions, but have more copies of each as well

I think the pattern which is being shown is that most areas far over-stocked the 360 version

I mean, looking at those sales, harly anyone's buying the 360 version (specifically), yet everywhere seems to have it

Too many retailers expecting a niche game to sell well on the 360, because it happens all the time

At any rate, I think it's clear that the Wii version will sell best ATM. Could be wrong, but it looks that way!

With these sales it really doesn't matter.  It's the end of the franchise (unless an iphone/pad port does amazing).