By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So?? Who's been playing KZ3 and/or Bulletstorm? What do you think??

PureDante said:
Wagram said:

Straight to the highest difficulty is the best way IMO. Makes the game not only last longer but also makes it funner. ^^

You're (almost always) so right. Killzone 3 is...perfect.

Do you listen to deadmau5 or you just thought the pic was cool?

Figured I would ask. He is the sh-t. I spin tracks of his in my sets a lot, not only that but his shows are awesome.

Around the Network
Ldn.se said:
Wagram said:
Oblivion86 said:
BenVTrigger said:
CGI-Quality said:

I don't actually get many of the complaints about the story. I find it to be quite interesting (albeit not the best I've seen - but what's there is sufficient and better than MANY of the other stories out there). Still some of the edges are little rough, but with the amount of love and polish that's excruciatingly obvious in this game, I'm happy with the package Guerrilla has provided, as there isn't another console that's given quite this intense, graphically unrivaled, or relentless of an experience!

Given the multiplayer (which is fantastic), Move, 3D, & split-screen, I would give it an excellent 9.3/10!

My problem with the story is its pretty much non existant, even for a FPS its shallow.  For the first four levels here is the entire plot of the game.  Vissari is dead and now theres two highly powerful guys near the top who don't like each other.  They argue.  Now it flashes to the ISA guys and Rico is tough and a rebel and he don't follow orders.  Him and their field commander argue.  Then back to the two Helghast guys who argue some more, and then back to Rico who doesn't take orders and argues again and then start the next mission.  Its just incredibly shallowly told.  Like I said great setting, great potential, but the actual execution of the story isn't horrible per say as much as it just not there in the first place.

That being said the game is awesome and at this point its looking like a 9.0 to 9.1 to me.

Exactly why this will never be a "Halo Killer," sorry but seems pretty average in terms of gameplay and an incredibly weak story makes this about a 7.5 to me.

If you ask me the gameplay and story of the Killzone games (barring part 1) is better than the halo games.

He will never know.

hey... you are the guy with a 3D TV... did you play it in 3D? can you share with us, how good is it?

@ everyone else... is no word on move (with or without sharp shooter) controls for this game? i am very curious to see if works and if its fun!

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

I just played the K3 demo and DAMN!! It was great the graphics were just crazy and the action was smooth, I loved the new weapons and the jet pack.

So anyone else have any opinions on the Move controls? Attoyou mentioned a while ago he loved the Move when he used it in the Beta (more than using a dualshock). Anyone else using Move?? I'm heading home for Spring break in a few days and renting KZ3 will be the first thing on my mind. And I have a brand new, just ordered Navigation controller waiting for me at home. But tell me more about Move!

pitzy272 said:

So anyone else have any opinions on the Move controls? Attoyou mentioned a while ago he loved the Move when he used it in the Beta (more than using a dualshock). Anyone else using Move?? I'm heading home for Spring break in a few days and renting KZ3 will be the first thing on my mind. And I have a brand new, just ordered Navigation controller waiting for me at home. But tell me more about Move!

Yea i started using move controls with it too and its really easy to use, i really enjoy it.... Unlike using it on mag..... i guess cause it was a patch..... but it was great..... i wanna get the gun though, i bet that would make the expeirience better..... so if you get your hands on a move controller check it out bro :)

Around the Network

I think the jet packs were my favorite add on to the game so far..... the weapons are awesome too, hell everything is better :D

AWESOM-O said:
pitzy272 said:

Yea i started using move controls with it too and its really easy to use, i really enjoy it.... Unlike using it on mag..... i guess cause it was a patch..... but it was great..... i wanna get the gun though, i bet that would make the expeirience better..... so if you get your hands on a move controller check it out bro :)

Sweet man, thanks for the input! I actually already have Move, and bought the Navigation controller just so I could use Move to play KZ3.

And yeah, you know, I was actually thinking about buying the gun even though I was only gonna be home from school on spring break for 3 days lol. But I decided to contain myself. I'm sure I'll get it eventually. It really does look like it'll be awesome. The controls look really intuitive, and it seems like it would allow just that much more immersion into a game.

Completed Killzone 3 on Saturday. Awesome game. But the pacing makes it feel shorter than it is, because you are just driving forward the whole time. Some levels should have been larger/longer. But a great game. The added co-op mode breathes new life into the game too.

Bulletstorm is very good.  Skillshot list is massive. Don't see me managing all of them in one play through.

sergiodaly said:
Ldn.se said:
Wagram said:
Oblivion86 said:

Exactly why this will never be a "Halo Killer," sorry but seems pretty average in terms of gameplay and an incredibly weak story makes this about a 7.5 to me.

If you ask me the gameplay and story of the Killzone games (barring part 1) is better than the halo games.

He will never know.

hey... you are the guy with a 3D TV... did you play it in 3D? can you share with us, how good is it?

@ everyone else... is no word on move (with or without sharp shooter) controls for this game? i am very curious to see if works and if its fun!

I wrote in my other thread that 3D is a great addition and makes the experience very immersive giving you the illusion of being inside the game. If you have a 3dTV you will quikly find out why there is so much smoke, snow, sparks and otheer flying objets. Its all flying out o the TV!!. It looks absolutely amazing especially if you see a granade or rpg rocked flying above your head or next to you. There are also different levels of depth and it all look neat. Graphics take a small hit but some people might not even notice.

Ldn.se said:

I wrote in my other thread that 3D is a great addition and makes the experience very immersive giving you the illusion of being inside the game. If you have a 3dTV you will quikly find out why there is so much smoke, snow, sparks and otheer flying objets. Its all flying out o the TV!!. It looks absolutely amazing especially if you see a granade or rpg rocked flying above your head or next to you. There are also different levels of depth and it all look neat. Graphics take a small hit but some people might not even notice.

i didn't catch your thread, sorry. but thanks for the feedback... i was really curious about how 3D was in this game. thanks again!

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4