Favourite Genre

FPS 0 0%

Action 1 33.33%

Platformer 1 33.33%

Sport 0 0%

Strategy 1 33.33%

Survival/Horror 0 0%

Total:3

So I was thinking, what is the VGC's favourite genre? There are plenty a members who keep citing that the 360 crowd only likes FPS and reffer to it as the "Shooter box", so I decided to make a poll just to see the community's favourite genre as a whole.

Mine has to be the strategy genre, recently I trawled through the PC database and found most of the strategy games that I have owned on PC/360 and found about 34 so far.I love/d that genre very much and think that it's the only genre that has remained mainly constant for me, with very few let downs in term of content, considering I liked almost every strategy game I've played. Unfortunately as my PC is relatively crap I can't experience the newer ones like Starcraft II and Civ 5 but as they say "old is gold" my favourite had to be Cossacks, man I loved that game x)

Also.. R.I.P Ensemble, I liked Age of Empires berry much.

So, what is your favourite genre and why?

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network

Umm... I hope you've got storm protection; your lack of any RPG category will be met with ire from many.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

dunno001 said:

Umm... I hope you've got storm protection; your lack of any RPG category will be met with ire from many.

****. I knew I forgot something but the lack of many poll options has confused me. Profoundly and caused me to rush out the genres I could remember off the top of my head.

Some sort of edit to add more poll options please?

I'll be the first to act on that dunno. I'll refuse to participate until JRPG is listed because it is AMAZING.

RPG, hands dow...

Oh, it isn't in the poll

*EDIT

Just realised in the time I was posting Dunno and Wagram have already said that...

I'm with them. I won't participate until JRPG is an option. They may have been slow as of late, but gams like Dragon Quest, Xenoblade and The Last Story proves they shouldn't be ignored, as well as many others!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

>:, I'll rehash it and will have to edit something out. I've literally facedesked myself for leaving out RPG, as I do enjoy ocassional open world RPG.

NotStan said:

>:, I'll rehash it and will have to edit something out. I've literally facedesked myself for leaving out RPG, as I do enjoy ocassional open world RPG.

...how would you edit a poll?

And don't be so hard on yourself, it could happen to anyone...

You could always ask Dunno to lock the thread and re-do it, I won't tell anyone

Because it's an awesome idea, I'd get rid of survival horror, although I love it, it'd be least popular.

That or Strategy

EDIT**

Getting rid of the poll sounds pretty solid to me!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
NotStan said:

...how would you edit a poll?

I was thinking of deleting sports genre of something :L, but yeah I've just remade the thread without any poll to leave out the nitpicking and make it easier , I know that if I edit a genre out someone will go "Hey I LIKE SPORTS", so just poll free thread up instead.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=124950&page=1&str=1673906006#

New thread, without a poll to ensure that I don't leave out a bloody genre this time. Can this be locked please? >:

Here's my favorite of favorites (with current gen examples that I love!)

Platformer

• Super Mario Galaxy
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns
  • Kirby's Epic Yarn
  • New Super Mario Bros. Wii
  • Sonic Colors

Action-Adventure

• The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • Okami
  • Epic Mickey
  • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
  • Bioshock
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum

The Action genre has also been pretty good to me this generation, but mostly thanks to the Castlevania series haha.