By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The VGchartz Merry Christmas gift giving thread

Alright everyone. It's Christmas time, and what better place to celebrate it than our own little VG chartz community?

So I was thinking we should all engage in the christmas spirit and have a little bit of a gift exchange. But how does that work you ask?

By bying eachother online games! Now, I'm still not entirely sure how things work on the PSN or Xbox live arcade, so if this doesn't really work there I apologize. But for Wii owners it's pretty easy thanks to the new gifting feature.

we'll do it like this. Just post your holiday wish. Nothing too specific, but maybe just a genre of game or a platform of choice, and then we can have people pair up and buy eachother games. Oh sure you're spending money on people you've never actually met face to face, but they'll be spending the same on you, so it all works out!

Just imagine the holiday joy of turning on your console to see that you've gotten a shiney new gift. Imagine getting a new game you've never played before from a fellow VGer, can life get any better? I don't think so.

Let the Christmas (or belated Ede or Hanukah) spirit commence!

The List so far:

Kitler53 and I will be exchanging Snes Games

OkeyDokey and RTC Junkie are gett'n in the spirit together

Gamerace and Naznatips will be swapping some christmas love

I've decided to take the initiative and pair up BenKenobi88 with Super_Etecoon enjoy the gifting boys.

takeru 51 is looking for someone

Bladeno is interested in a PS3 exchange if possible

DarkNight_DS want's Contra 3 for Snes, somebody help him out!

Melistrius would love to get in on the love, but considering his low post count, I think it's reasonable to state that he should have to supply his gift first.*I think that seems fair*

So Takeru51, DarkNight_DS and Melistrius  are looking for VC partners and Bladeno is looking for some PS3 love. Come on everybody!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

hmm..a chance to force my taste in games onto another. I'm in!! my wii code is in my sig and snes was the best consol ever...until the wii came along that is. xD

kitler53 said:
hmm..a chance to force my taste in games onto another. I'm in!! my wii code is in my sig and snes was the best consol ever...until the wii came along that is. xD

Alright kitler. I'm down for a snes game gift exchange. What's your genre of choice? I never had a snes, so I'd love to see a good snes platformer, racer or RPG.  

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Stof, this is a brilliant idea. I missed out on a lot of old school games (spent lots of time on the few that I did have), and I'd participate in this.

Hmm, if we can work out a way to do this with the PS3 then Im in.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Around the Network

I really want Street Fighter II: World Championship for SNES on VC.

I never really played Street Fighter that much, but when I did, it was this game with my friends, and now we're on the go a lot, away from the one friend who still owns a SNES. We bring the Wii around to most get-togethers though...so this would be a good one for me. 

Oh, we were supposed to be non-specific?  Well screw all y'all then!  It wouldn't really matter what I get...I'm not picky when it comes to gifts.  A space shooter like R-Type 3 or Sonic 2 or 3 would rock otherwise.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Bladeneo said:

I've been told you can share PSN games that you buy with other accounts. I need one of our PS3 pro's to sort it out.

Because I'd love to get everyone in on it. 

stof said:
Bladeneo said:

I've been told you can share PSN games that you buy with other accounts. I need one of our PS3 pro's to sort it out.

Because I'd love to get everyone in on it.

All but warhawk (its the only one i know about) can be downloaded and installed on five seperate consoles, but it requires the person to log in using the original purchasers details. Obviously this is all in good spirits, but Im not entirely sure how happy people would be giving out their log in details. I suppose we can always create temporary accounts for this.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Good idea....needs a spreadsheet or a list at the first post, though. That way we know who has been gifted and who is waiting. Also, what if someone already has the game? Like, for instance, say I want an SNES shooter and someone sends me Super C....but I already have it (Or does Nintendo not allow that). That's not my gift of choice, btw. I'll have to think about it.

super_etecoon said:
Good idea....needs a spreadsheet or a list at the first post, though. That way we know who has been gifted and who is waiting. Also, what if someone already has the game? Like, for instance, say I want an SNES shooter and someone sends me Super C....but I already have it (Or does Nintendo not allow that). That's not my gift of choice, btw. I'll have to think about it.

Just have people who are interested make a list of the games that they have.

Anyone who wants to swap can go ahead and send me a message.