By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Has Europe sales saved PS3 this Christmas from an embarrasment?

Oh c'mon guys I'm just fooling around, don't take it personal.

Around the Network
Sorair said:
StanGable said:
jhlennon1 said:
Final Fantasy XIII will fix the Japan problem, so I am not too concerned about that.

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Japan's love for Final Fantasy been dying lately and isn't Dragon Quest their main fix of RPGness from a major developer?

And yes, I agree with this thread, Europe loves Sony and don't care about getting it in the butt from them!

Can you give me a link or some knowledge that the main series is falling down?

A lot of recent FF's have been selling less than 3 million in Japan, considering PS2 sold like 22 million in japan that's a very small attach rate

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Heres a better question. Has the US sales saved the 360 from imbarrassment?

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

have to admit i didnt expect europe to buy this much :) of any console really.

The 'Other' region accounts for ~34.5% of system sales across the DS, Wii, XBox 360, PSP and PS3; and it also accounts for ~39.2% of PS3 system sales. If you adjust PS3 sales outside of the 'Other' region to match the average sales across all platforms the PS3 would sell 8.82 Million systems, if you adjust sales in the 'Other' region down to match the average sales across all platforms the PS3 would sell 7.2 Million systems.

In other words ... I think it is fair to say that the 'Other' region has saved the PS3 from a fairly embarrassing first year on the market, and if sales in the rest of the world were as strong the PS3 would not have as much criticism.

Around the Network

If it wasn't for Europe, lol the PS3 would be damn near DEAD!!!

WiiFit will be 2008 #1 selling game in NORTH AMERICA!  
End of '08 Predictions: Wii - 48m X360 - 25m  PS3 - 19m
Wii monthly NA sales will top 400k every month in '08. *Jan sales ruined it. Grrrr!*
WiiFit will top 1m in sales in its first month of release in North America.
MGS4 will NOT be released in '08. *Darn it!* FF13 will NOT be released in '08.
Rockband Wii will top 600k in first month sales in North America.
WiiFit will pass the PS3 WW sales by Xmas '09.

revolutions said:

well if it wasnt for america so would the 360!!!

jeez ¬_¬

DOATS1 said:
revolutions said:

jeez ¬_¬

hey this is about the PS3!!!  leave the X360 out of it, foo.   

WiiFit will be 2008 #1 selling game in NORTH AMERICA!  
End of '08 Predictions: Wii - 48m X360 - 25m  PS3 - 19m
Wii monthly NA sales will top 400k every month in '08. *Jan sales ruined it. Grrrr!*
WiiFit will top 1m in sales in its first month of release in North America.
MGS4 will NOT be released in '08. *Darn it!* FF13 will NOT be released in '08.
Rockband Wii will top 600k in first month sales in North America.
WiiFit will pass the PS3 WW sales by Xmas '09.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Sorair said:
StanGable said:
jhlennon1 said:
Final Fantasy XIII will fix the Japan problem, so I am not too concerned about that.

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Japan's love for Final Fantasy been dying lately and isn't Dragon Quest their main fix of RPGness from a major developer?

And yes, I agree with this thread, Europe loves Sony and don't care about getting it in the butt from them!

Can you give me a link or some knowledge that the main series is falling down?

A lot of recent FF's have been selling less than 3 million in Japan, considering PS2 sold like 22 million in japan that's a very small attach rate

Final Fantasy X, the first FF on the PS2, sold 2.4 million copies in Japan in 6 weeks. Number of PS2 consoles in Japan at the time????  Around 5 million. That's a Halo-esque attach rate. I have no clue what you're talking about Avinash.

Prediction:

The PS2 & PS3 will outsell the Wii in 2008.

Lifetime sales of PS3 in Japan will be at least 8 million consoles.

revolutions said:
DOATS1 said:
revolutions said:

jeez ¬_¬

hey this is about the PS3!!!  leave the X360 out of it, foo.   

nevarrr!