By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Look! the ps3 = same track :D

The PS3 is on the same track as the 360!

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php

you see where the 360 stoped after the spike in sales.. i predict the ps3 will continue that spike for a little bit longer not much longer but a little then it will continue going up little by little like the 360 is doing in the normal week but next year ps3 will sell more.

Around the Network

problem for sony is...they ARE on the same "track" essentially.

until sony can Break above that track, the ps3 will Never catch the xbox360...

@lenardo

They are above that track just add japan numbers :P

mM

@leo-j, they are above now...after being below the track for most of the year.

@superchunk

He's talking about lifetime sales not weekly sales dude.

mM
Around the Network

they already have surpassed 50% of the Xbox 360's world wide sales so it should start popping it's head above the 360's track within the next few weeks.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

leo-j said:
@lenardo

i didn't know PS3 sold 250k copies this week in Japan...

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

leo-j said:
@lenardo

That graph is worldwide sales :P

ssj12 said: they already have surpassed 50% of the Xbox 360's world wide sales so it should start popping it's head above the 360's track within the next few weeks.

I dont think you understand this at all, so I'll use an example.

James is 10 years older than Jill. When James was 11 Jill was 1, or just 9% James age. When James was 20, Jill was 10 - or 50% James age, but still 10 years younger. They will forever remain ten years apart, but Jill will close the "percentage gap" on James. Get it?

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Why set the chart to 156 weeks when 110 will do?

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&weeks=110

It's easier to see divergences, especially the tiny divergences between the PS3 and the 360, when you're looking at a tighter chart.

And, as you can see, we're just about to get into Microsoft and Sony's terrible part of the year: January through September.

maybe i can't read charts, but the red line is below the green one...

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.