By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - More than half of Xbox 360 owners own Halo 3.

I'm in the minority that doesn't own Halo. I had it for two weeks b/c I fell in the hype and then I sold it.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

I like halo 3 multiplayer, but i think Gears of War story is much more fun.

We need a halgow 3

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Wow! Good job Microsoft!

ssj12 said:
I wonder if that % will increase or decrease over this generation.. I figure increase.

I would figure it would decrease.  Infact I would think Microsoft also wishes the attach rate decreases.  If at the end of the generation Halo 3 still has a 50% attach rate that does not bode well for overall hardware sales.  Halo 2 sold just under 8.5 million.  Even with a very generous increase in sales Halo 3 won't sell 15 million copies meaning a 50% attach rate keeps the 360 below 30 million units and a guaranteed last place.

I think what folks need to understand about Halo is that it offers the most diverse, rich, and fan creatable multiplayer expierence on a console right now.

Single player in Halo is good, but I'd agree there are better games.

However multiplayer is unmatched.

Taken togeather, Halo offers the best long term value in gaming, with the possible exception of "The Orange Box"

My 360 can blog!

Gamers have 3 choices this generation: The Exercise Machine, the Movie Machine, or the Game Machine.  What kind of gamer are you?

Around the Network

100% attach rate for Wii-Sports here in America.

BWAAA HAAA HAA HAAA HAAAA!!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Single player gears trumps halo, imho. Granted the huge scenarios and vehicle gameplay make quite the experience but you just can't beat the kind of satisfaction raw gears gameplay provides.

Multiplayer there's no contest whatsoever, halo3 all the way. Gears is (was) glitched to hell and back. Crappy netcode to boot.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

does anyone know if halo2 has a better attach rate for the first few months

ssj12 said:
I wonder if that % will increase or decrease over this generation.. I figure increase.

i think it will decrease its hard for a games attach rate to increase after a long period of time has passed since release

RedToof said:
I think what folks need to understand about Halo is that it offers the most diverse, rich, and fan creatable multiplayer expierence on a console right now.

Single player in Halo is good, but I'd agree there are better games.

However multiplayer is unmatched.

Taken togeather, Halo offers the best long term value in gaming, with the possible exception of "The Orange Box"

I personally would argue whether single player Halo is even particularly good ...

I ended up getting Halo 3 from Canflix this week and I'm amazed how flawed and short the sigle player experience is. I watched the Zero Punctuation review of Halo 3 prior to playing it, and I assumed that he was just being really hard on the AI and difficulty settings ... Unfortunately, this is not the case ...

On legendary the game is trivial, and your friendly AI are a bunch of retards ...