By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Nintendo hardware announcement inbound?

superchunk said:

E3. Its after 3DS launch so it won't steal its thunder and with nearly all 3rd parties massively walking away from any core Wii development, Nintendo must push up the hardware so they can use tools built for PS360 and there fore not ignore Nintendo's console.

I've maintained 2012 would begin the next gen and I always said at least 2 of the 3 would launch then.

With PS3 and 360's sustained sales in 2010 and foreseable 2011, I think they'll both push off to 2013 while Nintendo will be out 2012 sometime. I expect E3 to be big for Nintendo.

Lets hope its even bigger than last year's E3.

Around the Network
Mr. Fister said:
Slimebeast said:

Wouldn't it suck if Nintendo is going to release a brand new console for this Christmas season while Zelda Swords is coming out on old tech?

It would also be disastrous on Nintendo's end financially, which is why there's  no chance that will be happening.

Yes...nintendo would NEVER release a new zelda game for their previous console at the same time as they launched their new console (nor release a version of it simultaneously on each machine for that matter...haha that's crazy talk!)

The sooner the better in my opinion. Releasing Wii 2 with skyward sword and a new wii mote with integrated motion plus would be brilliant.

You can still play it on the wii or play it in 720p on the Wii 2. Give it twice the processing power and double the memory of the ps3/360 to help with porting 3rd party titles to wii 2 while keeping the costs low. No more bickering which texture looks better on ps3/360 with wii 2 in town.

Fully backwards compatible again. Nintendo can easily release their games for both systems for a while. Add integration with the 3ds and a reworked online and nintendo has the best of the casual and hardcore market for a while for a low price. super wii?

Give the wii a price cut next holiday while launching the super wii along side, why not?

mushroomboy5 said:
Mr. Fister said:
Slimebeast said:

Wouldn't it suck if Nintendo is going to release a brand new console for this Christmas season while Zelda Swords is coming out on old tech?

It would also be disastrous on Nintendo's end financially, which is why there's  no chance that will be happening.

Yes...nintendo would NEVER release a new zelda game for their previous console at the same time as they launched their new console (nor release a version of it simultaneously on each machine for that matter...haha that's crazy talk!)

That's not what I meant. The point was, Nintendo is not releasing a new system this year because that would mean they'd have to support three separate systems at once, two of which aren't even a year old. It makes absolutely zero sense from a business point of view.

Click on our website:

http://www.etradinglife.com

The website wholesale various fashion shoes, such as Nike, Jordan, prada, also includes the jeans, shirt, bags, hats and decoration. All these products are our free transport, prices are competitive, we can also accept paypal j, after the payment within short time, can ship.

accept the paypal

SOCCER JERSEY 16US

jordan shoes $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

Around the Network

If we keep saying it, one day it will come true.

I don't believe Nintendo will announce a new system this E3 as this would cannibalize the 3DS sales. However, it is possible they will release the Wii successor next year. In that case, it wouldn't be surprising if some licensees, such as THQ, were informed about that.

Monteblanco said:

I don't believe Nintendo will announce a new system this E3 as this would cannibalize the 3DS sales. However, it is possible they will release the Wii successor next year. In that case, it wouldn't be surprising if some licensees, such as THQ, were informed about that.

Not necessarily. DS did well enough this holiday season in the face of the device that was directly replacing it. 3DS could have a gangbusters first holiday with the looming threat of a March Wii2, and Wii itself could as well.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Slimebeast said:

No. Twilight Princess come GC-Wii, and until now is one of the best games on both consoles.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Not going to happen yet. I think that Nintendo is going to want to let the 3DS shine brightly this holiday season as the only new console on the market since last holiday. (NGP might make Japan in time, but is not expected globally yet.) Then, at E3 2012, they can talk about the Wii successor, to launch as early as October 2012. A new system launch in late 2012 would help take attention away from the NGP, and set Nintendo up for 2 strong holiday seasons. Launching the Wii successor too early will mean that Nintendo's biggest competition is... Nintendo. A later launch is harder to predict how things will go...

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...