By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS will not use Nintendo Points cards!

TomaTito said:
Tizona said:

Yeah, I've only used a points card once that my sister gave as a present. i've always just found it easier to use my credit card in the shopping channel, not sure what the real point of buying the cards is anyway.

It's for kids whose parents wont let them use their credit cards.
And can also be given as a present (your case for example).

It's also a way to get the points cheaper if you shop around :P

Can you actually buy them for under face value somewhere?

And come on! What possible harm could come out of letting the young kids use their parent's credit cards? ;)

LISTEN TO THE FIRST WORLD PODCAST REAL GAMERS, REAL AWESOME

Around the Network

This is WAYYY old news. Where have you been? living under a rock?

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Christian973 said:

This is WAYYY old news. Where have you been? living under a rock?

Well actually I don't recall hearing anything official. Rumours and speculation yes but Nintendo didn't officially say no cross compatability within points cards. If I'm living under a rock then so was Kotaku and Gamasutra as they reported the news just barely.

I seem to recall rumours but you can't consider rumours fact. Also since Nintendo said you could transfer DSi games to 3DS It seemed logical that 3DS would use Nintendo Point cards!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Tizona said:
TomaTito said:
Tizona said:

Yeah, I've only used a points card once that my sister gave as a present. i've always just found it easier to use my credit card in the shopping channel, not sure what the real point of buying the cards is anyway.

It's for kids whose parents wont let them use their credit cards.
And can also be given as a present (your case for example).

It's also a way to get the points cheaper if you shop around :P

And come on! What possible harm could come out of letting the young kids use their parent's credit cards? ;)

Yes, atleast you can over here, you can save up to 200 points (not much but it's something).

This is rhetorical, right? Hehehe

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Tizona said:

Raking up a thousand bucks bill for playing Smurf iPhone game? That would never happen.

Your CC info is completely safe.

Around the Network
Mr. Fister said:

Upon first reading this topic, I thought it meant that there would be no points-card system for the 3DS at all, and I was prepared to punch a puppy. Then I read that they're using a new points-card system, which is something I'm pretty cool with.

Same here.  Except the Puppy punching part.

Galaki said:
Tizona said:

Raking up a thousand bucks bill for playing Smurf iPhone game? That would never happen.

Your CC info is completely safe.

THERE'S A SMURF IPHONE GAME?! Hee hee. I was certainly joking about letting kids have the credit card.

LISTEN TO THE FIRST WORLD PODCAST REAL GAMERS, REAL AWESOME

just a different card?  thats not too bad, Nintendo forces you to buy different cards if you want to put poitns on a DSi and Wii anyway