By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Up......... Wii........

360 = BEAST but its overtracked no doubt in my mind

& WOW at wiis drop thats crazy ! 

Around the Network
thx1139 said:

Wow Wii will be down over 45% YoY this week.

Hmmm, if my numbers are correct Wii will be down by over 54% YoY this week.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Salnax said:

The funny thing is, Wii software is still on the top.

well yeah, the two top most selling wii software are bundled, one with all consoles one with almost all the consoles.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

NYANKS said:
Gilgamesh said:

lol PS2 outsells PSP, what a beast!

Americas Hardware

ConsoleWeekly (change)Total
X360 135,447 ( 4%) 30,349,133
DS 82,059 (-8%) 54,369,986
Wii 74,456 (-11%) 40,490,509
PS3 66,449 (-2%) 18,661,564
PS2 24,847 (-3%) 55,459,055
PSP 23,443 (-3%) 21,620,026
Total406,701(-3%)

I CANNOT believe this table right now.  The Wii is ONLY outselling PS2 3 to 1.  I will lol like I have NEVER lol'd before if tat damn console remains while the others continue downward.  Probably not gonna happen, but this son of a bitch just will not die.

PS2 is only down 3%, itl live for a long ass time believe it. When the PS4 comes out the PS2 will still be selling.

Wagram said:

PS3 needs a price cut in the Americas. Both the competitors have systems sitting at 100-120 dollars cheaper. Consumers like cheaper :)

This...I think it will especially make a difference if they are able to cut the price of the Move bundle.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Around the Network

As much as gamers like to give him crap Pachter was right.  Nintendo should have had an HD Wii launching this past holiday instead of trying to ride out on the Wii.

I gotta be honest here Nintendo have to launch a new home console this year, only they won't.  With the 3DS launching they won't try to mess that up but Nintendo could potentially be in big big trouble in the home console market.

PS3 dominates EMEAA and Japan, 360 dominates America. Very close overall!

snyperdud said:

The PSP is dead in NA.

360 is doing great with the PS3 and Wii doing okay.

DS is dropping fast as expected.

What is up with your predictions for the end of the year especially for ps3 and 360 you think the xbox will only sell 5 million in a year and the ps3 to only sell 8 million this year im sorry those are terrible sale predictions. 

The Blue Ocean crowd hasn't disappeared, they are just purchasing 360 instead of Wii.

Basically what Nintendo execs said woudn't happen is happening, The 360 is stealing the Wii customers.

It's understandable as Microsoft has a done a very decent marketing campaign for Kinect in the US, while on the other hand it's been ages since I have seen any Nintendo commercial on TV.........( and you can't really blame third parties for the lack of marketing by Nintendo..)

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Now that's depressing. Wii will have negative sales soon if this continues.