By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Analyst believes Wii capable of selling 3.6 million consoles a month

I do not believe it could sell 3.6 million every month out of the year. During Christmastime and Black Friday (Nov/Dec) Then yeah. But during march or april when no games are coming out (I don't mean nothing's coming out that month, just during the early part of the year when games USUALLY don't get released) it won't sell that many per month. I'd put money on that.

Around the Network

i dont see there being 3.6 million people buying a wii outside of holidays, i cant see there being that level of demand. also you have no evidence for your speculation, the wii is selling very very well, and good for it, but just because there is a shortage doesn't mean that the shortage is massive, for all we know demand could have been sated by now of ninty had been producing 2.2 million units

Now Playing

Planet Puzzle League

Kirby Mouse Attack

Nanostray

DMeisterJ said:
I do not believe it could sell 3.6 million every month out of the year. During Christmastime and Black Friday (Nov/Dec) Then yeah. But during march or april when no games are coming out (I don't mean nothing's coming out that month, just during the early part of the year when games USUALLY don't get released) it won't sell that many per month. I'd put money on that.

Every month no, becuase no supply chain could be 100% efficient, 3.6 million on average or around 43 million a year on the other hand would be possible

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

@ avinash, thank you for explaining the supply thing, i couldn't quite get what you were saying. My apologies to you. @ i lovetogame - Hardly anyone is a 'hardcore' gamer, there are maybe 3 or 4 but by in large ask the majority about halo 3 and they will be like 'what'! Maybe in my college we're all screwed up but to dismiss my comment as them all being into violent games based upon the fact they own 360's is quite one dimensional. I would say 3.6 million is highley unlikely but upto 2.5 million quite possible

Now Playing

Planet Puzzle League

Kirby Mouse Attack

Nanostray

Avinash_Tyagi said:
DMeisterJ said:

Every month no, becuase no supply chain could be 100% efficient, 3.6 million on average or around 43 million a year on the other hand would be possible

43 million next year being possible is laughable.  No offense.  You are entitled to your opinion, but you mean to say that the Wii will sell 250% of what it will sell this year.  That is very very unlikely.  I think it could easily sell 2.5 million a week, but doubling production and barely meeting demand is implausible.

Around the Network
DalekLord said:
i dont see there being 3.6 million people buying a wii outside of holidays, i cant see there being that level of demand. also you have no evidence for your speculation, the wii is selling very very well, and good for it, but just because there is a shortage doesn't mean that the shortage is massive, for all we know demand could have been sated by now of ninty had been producing 2.2 million units

Unlikely, since if we compare Wii sales to DS and PS2, we see that the Wii has pretty much doubles the PS2's sales and added about 50% over the DS's year one sales, and considering how thoshe two consoles rose in their second year in sales, it is highly unlikely that Wii demand will not rise as well by similar levels

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

DMeisterJ said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
DMeisterJ said:

43 million next year being possible is laughable.  No offense.  You are entitled to your opinion, but you mean to say that the Wii will sell 250% of what it will sell this year.  That is very very unlikely.  I think it could easily sell 2.5 million a week, but doubling production and barely meeting demand is implausible.

Why not PS2 and DS sales both rose in their second year by over a factor of two

Your use of numbers gives some actual weight to your speculation. Do you have any comparsions by any chance. e.g ps2 = xxx million compared to wii's xxx million

Now Playing

Planet Puzzle League

Kirby Mouse Attack

Nanostray

DalekLord said:
Your use of numbers gives some actual weight to your speculation. Do you have any comparsions by any chance. e.g ps2 = xxx million compared to wii's xxx million

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=DS&reg2=All&cons3=PS2&reg3=All&weeks=110

i'm very new to this website so was unaware of the comparison feature, hmmm, it seems wii is rising steepest, i suppose 3.6 million could be do-able, i would say its quite likely it could do 2.5 - 3 million a month, perhaps 3.6 million. The real issue now ofc avinash is we wasted so much of our time debating something that simple numbers could have prevented. We did indeed engage in forum war. tbh i was quite suprised wii was doing that well.

Now Playing

Planet Puzzle League

Kirby Mouse Attack

Nanostray