By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Analyst believes Wii capable of selling 3.6 million consoles a month

DalekLord said:
Avinash can u give hard evidence that the wii could sustain 3.6 million a month other than your opinion, also whats happening now doesn't mean it will be happening in 6 months time, the wii may be selling less, it may be selling more, but 3.6 million would take something extreme

Can you give hard evidence that it can't sustain 3.6m a month other than your opinion?

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

Alright, finally an analyst I can agree with.

Yes, historically sales that high are bat shit insane.

But what the fuck does the Wii have to do with history?

It's changing history right now.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

wii could certainly sell 3.6 worlwide in december. if they had 3.6 million wii's around the world this month no doubt they would all sell, but any of the other 11 months of the year 3.6 million is a joke.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

Avinash_Tyagi said:
WEWdeadeye said:
Whoa Avinash, clearly you let your personal feelings towards the Wii affect your common sense. I highly doubt that the Wii could sell that much per month, for more than maybe 3-4 months MAX, because after that the extremely high demand would be quenched. It just doesn't seem feasible, and unless you can prove us wrong, since all this is based only on opinion, and analysts tend to be the worst at what they do, this proves nothing. Just another What If? The only time I haven't been able to walk into a store and buy a Wii is this past month and a half, and I live in California. The Wii hasn't been completely selling out all year, but it has been coming very close. Not Wii bashing, so don't jump on me and assume I think it is a fad and what not because my opinion differs from yours, OK?!?1 I plan on getting a Wii next year when it has a few more games I am interested in.

Yeah, so in your part of california it doesn't sellout and you assume thatdemand is quenched, let me let you in on a little secret, they can't teleport Wii's my friend, just because your store has Wii's doesn't mean that demand everywhere is quenched, it would be great if Wii supply could be shifted via teleporter, but it doesn't work that way, and a person in NY isn't going to fly out to your town to buy a Wii, your sotre having Wii's while others are sold out is a mistake on the part of the retailer, underestimating demand in one store and overestimating in another, it has no bearing on demand being quenched at any one moment.

I'm certain if you went to every store in this country you would find Wiis in some areas, but that doesn't matter if people are in other areas who want it but its not in supply there 

WOW, it would help if you would actually read my post, but of course not, typical.  I said this isn't reflective of the nation, did you miss that?  Stop putting words in people's mouths.  You are just reading what you want to, and skipping over everything else that would render you arguments pointless.  I also said, if they shipped 3.6 million, for 3-4 months, then the demand would be quenched.  I said nothing about the demand being quenched right now.  Thanks for opening your mouth and proving you don't have a clue.

Next time it would help if you actually READ the ENTIRE post, so you don't look like a complete fool.   

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

ilovetogame said:
wii could certainly sell 3.6 worlwide in december. if they had 3.6 million wii's around the world this month no doubt they would all sell, but any of the other 11 months of the year 3.6 million is a joke.

I gaurantee you if they had released 3.6m into the market for November every last one would have sold.  Hell they might have all sold in the US alone.  And the first week of december would still have lines outside waiting.  The short term demand is not even a question, its the long term.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

The only joke here is that Nintendo is manufacturing less than 3.6 million Wiis per month. Heh, their loss.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

WEWdeadeye said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
WEWdeadeye said:
Whoa Avinash, clearly you let your personal feelings towards the Wii affect your common sense. I highly doubt that the Wii could sell that much per month, for more than maybe 3-4 months MAX, because after that the extremely high demand would be quenched. It just doesn't seem feasible, and unless you can prove us wrong, since all this is based only on opinion, and analysts tend to be the worst at what they do, this proves nothing. Just another What If? The only time I haven't been able to walk into a store and buy a Wii is this past month and a half, and I live in California. The Wii hasn't been completely selling out all year, but it has been coming very close. Not Wii bashing, so don't jump on me and assume I think it is a fad and what not because my opinion differs from yours, OK?!?1 I plan on getting a Wii next year when it has a few more games I am interested in.

Yeah, so in your part of california it doesn't sellout and you assume thatdemand is quenched, let me let you in on a little secret, they can't teleport Wii's my friend, just because your store has Wii's doesn't mean that demand everywhere is quenched, it would be great if Wii supply could be shifted via teleporter, but it doesn't work that way, and a person in NY isn't going to fly out to your town to buy a Wii, your sotre having Wii's while others are sold out is a mistake on the part of the retailer, underestimating demand in one store and overestimating in another, it has no bearing on demand being quenched at any one moment.

I'm certain if you went to every store in this country you would find Wiis in some areas, but that doesn't matter if people are in other areas who want it but its not in supply there 

WOW, it would help if you would actually read my post, but of course not, typical.  I said this isn't reflective of the nation, did you miss that?  Stop putting words in people's mouths.  You are just reading what you want to, and skipping over everything else that would render you arguments pointless.  I also said, if they shipped 3.6 million, for 3-4 months, then the demand would be quenched.  I said nothing about the demand being quenched right now.  Thanks for opening your mouth and proving you don't have a clue.

Next time it would help if you actually READ the ENTIRE post, so you don't look like a complete fool.   

I did read your comment and I saw nothing to prove that 3.6 million shopments over 3-4 months would quench anything, you are just speculating without any evidence.  I was however trying to teach you a lesson in supply chains and why your comment that your area had Wiis is totally irrelevant and pointless, but you seem to have miseed that point

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I never intended to say it cant do 3.6 million a month just that its unlikely, i struggle to word things right

Now Playing

Planet Puzzle League

Kirby Mouse Attack

Nanostray

I said it was irrelevant, if you would read my first post, I said it wasnt reflective of the Nation. You didn't need to tell me something that I already pointed out having knowledge of. Also, this whole post is just speculation, the analyst is speculating, and so are you. Just because it is your opinion doesn't make it any more valid than others, so don't go tell me my opinion means nothing, when yours is probably less credible due to your HUGE Wii bias. Clearly you missed the point.

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

If there are some places where there are shortages then surely that shows demand is not as high as to sell 3.6 million a month, by all means correct me if i'm wrong avinash as you seem to be the all knower when it comes to supply

Now Playing

Planet Puzzle League

Kirby Mouse Attack

Nanostray