By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG recommendations

Mummelmann said:

You should really get a PC, that's the home of the best RPG's (imo).

Long as you're looking for WRPGs I'd agree, but if you're looking for JRPGs the PC has next to nothing unless you count emulation.

OT though, on PC there is a great JRPG/Item Store Simulator called Recettear that you should look into as well.

Around the Network

dragon age:origins

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

The Mario & Luigi games for GBA and DS are very good, too.

spiffiness said:
Killy_Vorkosigan said:

- Tales of Symphonia : Dawn of a New World on Wii

- Infinite Space on DS

- Get the Witcher 2  on 360, release in May.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe The Witcher 2 is only confirmed for release on PC in May.  No release date has been announced for any console version.

Oh my bad your right. Its release is confirmed for PC, PS3 and 360, only the PC has a release date confirm yet. Nonetheless, it will be a hell of a game.

I posted this is another thread, I think it will help:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3917303

Around the Network
Killy_Vorkosigan said:
spiffiness said:
Killy_Vorkosigan said:

- Tales of Symphonia : Dawn of a New World on Wii

- Infinite Space on DS

- Get the Witcher 2  on 360, release in May.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe The Witcher 2 is only confirmed for release on PC in May.  No release date has been announced for any console version.

Oh my bad your right. Its release is confirmed for PC, PS3 and 360, only the PC has a release date confirm yet. Nonetheless, it will be a hell of a game.

as they still don't have a publisher for the console version (god only knows why not) I wouldn't be holding my breath for the console release TBH.

On topic from the sounds of thigs you should give The world ends with you, Chrono Trigger, final fantasy 4, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil survivor and Castlevania: order of ecclasia on the NDS.

Also what kind of PC do you have there are probably a bunch of old/indie PC RPGs that you could try. www.spiderwebsoftware.com offer some large demos and their games will run on just about anything Mac or Windows.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

I agree with the others, if you have a fairly recent PC, not necessarily high-end, but just avoid Intel onboard graphics, you should be able to play an awful lot of old great games, my 2009 entry level PC (but with the best integrated GPU  available then, a Radeon HD 3300, as powerful as a mid-high end GPU from 2 years before) has no problems with almost every game until, say, 2007, and it can play not resource hungry newer ones too, and as soon as needed I could add a mid range latest gen graphics card and play everything except the latest resource hogs at full graphics settings. Owning so many new and old consoles, you can minimize the fuss using a PC only to fill possible gaps and play the best PC exclusives and get the best of every gaming world.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!