By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter on the 3DS

Khuutra said:
psrock said:

The 3DS has so many games coming to it, almost crazy amount. But MH is still wanted for some reason. You want MH, buy a PSP. 

Now slow down this cherry train right here.

When did it become taboo to speculate or wish for third-party series transitions occurring in the next generation, and how does the current state of things somehow detract from that same speculation or wishing?

That's the thing it's a wish,  a fair one, but I question the reason people want it on the 3ds. It's the biggset PSP franchise anywhere. It  was just shown playing on the NGP, it just sold 4 million copies in a month. Capcom is not that stupid.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:
Khuutra said:
psrock said:

The 3DS has so many games coming to it, almost crazy amount. But MH is still wanted for some reason. You want MH, buy a PSP. 

When did it become taboo to speculate or wish for third-party series transitions occurring in the next generation, and how does the current state of things somehow detract from that same speculation or wishing?

That's the thing it's a wish,  a fair one, but I question the reason people want it on the 3ds.

You think they might want it on the 3DS because they plan to own a 3DS?

You think maybe that?

Khuutra said:
psrock said:
Khuutra said:
psrock said:

That's the thing it's a wish,  a fair one, but I question the reason people want it on the 3ds.

You think maybe that?

That's the thing, I wish it was that reason. I believe it's just part of the stupid console war crap. Many people think the only reason the PSP is relevent is because of MH, so if they lose it, the PSP2 IS DOA. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
Khuutra said:

You think maybe that?

That's the thing, I wish it was that reason. I believe it's just part of the stupid console war crap. Many people think the only reason the PSP is relevent is because of MH, so if they lose it, the PSP2 IS DOA.

So you're taking this assumption of persecution so far that you think the guy with the Metal Gear Solid 4 collage for an avatar is trying to victimize the PSP2 in a post where he acknowledges it might be coming to the NGP anyway?

Pass.

Khuutra said:
psrock said:
Khuutra said:

You think maybe that?

So you're taking this assumption of persecution so far that you think the guy with the Metal Gear Solid 4 collage for an avatar is trying to victimize the PSP2 in a post where he acknowledges it might be coming to the NGP anyway?

Pass.

Avatar means what?  he's PS3 fan, you know how many PS3 fans has DS's ? He's never played MH, he wants to, it's available on the PSP and soon on the NGP. 

Next Gen 

Around the Network
psrock said:
Khuutra said:
psrock said:

That's the thing it's a wish,  a fair one, but I question the reason people want it on the 3ds. It's the biggset PSP franchise anywhere. It  was just shown playing on the NGP, it just sold 4 million copies in a month. Capcom is not that stupid.

How would you know it wouldn’t sell more on 3DS?  Wii monster hunter sold better than it did on the PS2

The reason I want it though is that I want to see monsters in 3D. It will add to the game play as now you can actually see the distance between you and the monster which will make it easier to hit them with a sword for instance.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

psrock said:
Khuutra said:

Pass.

Avatar means what?  he's PS3 fan, you know how many PS3 fans has DS's ? He's never played MH, he wants to, it's available on the PSP and soon on the NGP.

THat doesn't change how ridiculous your assumption of this persecution of the NGP is. It doesn't add to conversations at all, and it doesn't do anything to make an argument for why keeping the portable series PSP-exclusive is a good idea.

There is no good reason to not want a game to come out on a system you own. It would be like me lamenting that Tactics Ogre isn't on the DS, then you telling me to get a PSP; hey, guess what! If the library merited it for me, I would have one already. There is nothing wrong with wanting even more games you like on a system you already own!

Roma said:
psrock said:
Khuutra said:
psrock said:

How would you know it wouldn’t sell more on 3DS?  Wii monster hunter sold better than it on the PS2

The reason I want it though is that I want to see monsters in 3D. It will add to the game play as now you can actually see the distance between you and the monster which will make it easier to hit them with a sword for instance.

3D adds to the gameplay? 

I can't tell how well a 3DS MH will sell as it will be very popular, maybe a just like this GEN, we will see tons of multiplat games on the mobile platforms. I would expect tons of 3DS games on the NGP as well.

Next Gen 

Khuutra said:
psrock said:
Khuutra said:

Pass.

THat doesn't change how ridiculous your assumption of this persecution of the NGP is. It doesn't add to conversations at all, and it doesn't do anything to make an argument for why keeping the portable series PSP-exclusive is a good idea.

There is no good reason to not want a game to come out on a system you own. It would be like me lamenting that Tactics Ogre isn't on the DS, then you telling me to get a PSP; hey, guess what! If the library merited it for me, I would have one already. There is nothing wrong with wanting even more games you like on a system you already own!

But that's the point of exclusive games. There nothing wrong with wishing, hell I want Gears on the PS3. But it's one of the reason I would get a 360. MH is the biggest game on the PSP, it has a huge install base in Japan. I truly, maybe I am wrong, a lot of DS fans want it because it's popular. 

Next Gen 

psrock said:
Khuutra said:

But that's the point of exclusive games. There nothing wrong with wishing, hell I want Gears on the PS3. But it's one of the reason I would get a 360. MH is the biggest game on the PSP, it has a huge install base in Japan. I truly, maybe I am wrong, a lot of DS fans want it because it's popular.

We've got two explanations here.

1. They want to play the game

2. THey don't want you to play the game

I'm not one to assume that kind of petty horse shit about the people I engage with, you'll have to pardon me if I have trouble swallowing that particular pill.

And I don't care about exclusives in that sense because I do not care about consoles in that way! If I could get all my HD games on my 360, I would not give a shit about not getting a PS3 - and the reverse would hold, too! I don't need other systems to entice me. I need the games they have on them.