By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sweet list I found of ps3 2011 exclusives

CGI-Quality said:
Edgeoflife said:

The debate was over before he posted, and better games are reward enough :P

Eh...yeah, but that's subjective either way. The 360 has plenty to offer for a good case of claiming it's better than the PS3. Depends on who you talk to, how they game, and what their needs are.

They have a case in the shooter genre, but thats about it, 360 exclusives are few, far between and are usually shooters or not that good 

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Edgeoflife said:

The debate was over before he posted, and better games are reward enough :P

Eh...yeah, but that's subjective either way. The 360 has plenty to offer for a good case of claiming it's better than the PS3. Depends on who you talk to, how they game, and what their needs are.

The 360 only owners case in 2011 is based on the fact that the 360 still has the multiplats and the superior multiplayer. I, myself would rather have more games on top of a great year of multiplats and great multiplayer. Xbox Live may be better than PSN, but PSN is free and is way better than it used to be in my changing eyes.

Some battles aren't worth fighting.  Besides, this isn't the place.  Good list, though.  I can't wait for inFamous 2 and Last Gaurdian!

Sony needs more good exclusives, I loved my ps2 last Gen and had many more games for it than my xbox like the Onimusha and Devil May Cry series', and Resident Evil 4 (not really exclusive but not on xbox).  This Gen there's more games on xbox 360 that I want to play like Gears, Halo, Alan Wake, Mass Effect, and lots of others that are multiplat anyway like FF13.  My biggest reason for buying a console is the games, so this Gen I went with the 360, though I may still buy a ps3 if they come out with some more good exclusives.  Also interesting to see how much better Microsoft is doing this Gen since they got hammered last Gen by the ps2.  They stepped up their game, while it seems Sony has taken 3 steps back, at least sales wise so far.

biggamejames79 said:

Sony needs more good exclusives, I loved my ps2 last Gen and had many more games for it than my xbox like the Onimusha and Devil May Cry series', and Resident Evil 4 (not really exclusive but not on xbox).  This Gen there's more games on xbox 360 that I want to play like Gears, Halo, Alan Wake, Mass Effect, and lots of others that are multiplat anyway like FF13.  My biggest reason for buying a console is the games, so this Gen I went with the 360, though I may still buy a ps3 if they come out with some more good exclusives.  Also interesting to see how much better Microsoft is doing this Gen since they got hammered last Gen by the ps2.  They stepped up their game, while it seems Sony has taken 3 steps back, at least sales wise so far.

You just listed about every good exclusive on the 360, did you even look at the ps3 list, thats only for this yaer, ps3 has far more good exclusives, there's Heavy Rain, MAG, Infamous, Uncharted, 3D dot heroes, Demons souls, LBP, MGS4, Yakuza 3, Motorstorm ect, seriously you seem really ignorant to what games are avaliable on ps3 

Around the Network

Out of all those games I'd play uncharted, infamous, and maybe demon's souls since I like RPG's, but non of them draw me into buying the ps3.  Losing the rights to being the only console to have GTA hurts too.  Demon's Souls may be a great rpg, but hardly anyone's bought it, I know sales aren't everything, because Alan Wake has barely sold too and it's a great game, but when you dominate one Gen and then trail in the next, it's probably because of the games.  Check the number of 360 games selling over 5 mil compared to ps3 games selling that much, that's the difference.  And a lot of that is probably from the system costing 500-600 on launch, that made me want to find a less expensive system.

biggamejames79 said:

Out of all those games I'd play uncharted, infamous, and maybe demon's souls since I like RPG's, but non of them draw me into buying the ps3.  Losing the rights to being the only console to have GTA hurts too.  Demon's Souls may be a great rpg, but hardly anyone's bought it, I know sales aren't everything, because Alan Wake has barely sold too and it's a great game, but when you dominate one Gen and then trail in the next, it's probably because of the games.  Check the number of 360 games selling over 5 mil compared to ps3 games selling that much, that's the difference.  And a lot of that is probably from the system costing 500-600 on launch, that made me want to find a less expensive system.

Uh huh, halo and gears are about the only ones that do that, and they only reason they do is because they have no competition as far as exclusives go, and how is a million seller barely anyone buying it? not to mention it had NO advertisement and theres about 20 more I could mention, you are biased and thats pretty much all there is to it 

ps3 has only 2 exclusives that sold over 5 million, 360 has 6 exclusives over 5 mil, 3 of which are Halo's and 2 of which are Gears so you're right about those games being the movers.  That's why ps3 hasn't taken off like ps2 did, no huge movers.  ps2 had something ridiculous like 20 games over 5 million and A LOT of great exclusives.

biggamejames79 said:

ps3 has only 2 exclusives that sold over 5 million, 360 has 6 exclusives over 5 mil, 3 of which are Halo's and 2 of which are Gears so you're right about those games being the movers.  That's why ps3 hasn't taken off like ps2 did, no huge movers.  ps2 had something ridiculous like 20 games over 5 million and A LOT of great exclusives.

2 series doesn't sound like a good game library to me, and anyone who puts sales over the actually quality and fun of the game is just plain sad

@edgeoflfe  i love the PS3 as much as the next guy, but i think you should take it down a notch. If the man doesnt care for the PS3 exclusives, then thats his prerogative.  i dont care for 360 exclusives (except Limbo) and thats all good.