By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sweet list I found of ps3 2011 exclusives

I pretend to buy at least 10 games on this list. Nice PS3 games!!!

Around the Network
AussieGecko said:
pariz said:

That list doesn't mention two probably goty contenders: Dragon Age 2 and L.A. Noire.

Huge mistake!

Um both are being released on the 360 and as this is a list of exlusives you will have to excuse them this time

bit stupid they included mass effect imo

It was under the header multiplats with exclusive content 

nah...Agent and FF Versus will not release this year...and its also not a safe bet with Last Guardian...2011 is not the first release year their announced ^^

Edgeoflife said:
Pristine20 said:
Edgeoflife said:
Pristine20 said:

wow, when people kept saying there were a lot of ps3 exclusives this year, I really thought it was like 5....didn't now it was this many. FFvsXIII shouldn't be there though. That one's for 20XX and it will be multiplat for sure...wouldn't make sense otherwise. Sony should save some for next year.

Ps3 has really come a long way from when I got it in 2007 and the gamestop clerk looked at me like I was crazy and the  main theme of it's online forum discussions was "It has no games".

Outside chance it will come out in japan in 2011 and it won't be multiplat they already stated several times that it won't, and frankly I don't think the 360s tech could handle it without a downgrade though I agree it probably won't come out in 2011, the list does have a few games that are a bit iffy on if they will release within the year 

I think I read somewhere that someone from S-E said they can't release 2 huge FFs the same year. The FF Japan is getting this year is FFXIII-2 not FFvsXIII. S-E also said many times that FFXIII was exclusive...what happened with that? If you really think the x360 can't handle it...I dont know what to say to you on that regard. Exactly what cant the 360 handle in FFvsXIII? You'd do well to enlighten me because IMO, that makes not a lick of sense whatsoever.

I actually don't remember them ever saying FFXIII won't come to 360, and what happend is MS paid them off and they ended up cutting out content and probably not even starting other content because of it, as for Versus it will definately be bigger then FFXIII, it probably takes advantage of the spes for the AI as well as draw distance and combat since it is an action rpg not a turn base one unlike FFXIII, I'm not saying it's total undoable it's just not worth the hassle since they had to drop the textures of everything for the size and then rewrite half the code 

First of all, I hope you know that disc space doesn't necessarily correlate to more content because I have an inkling that thats where your content argument stems from.  KZ3 is bigger than FF13 sizewise. Would you argue that it has more content too? A few HD movies could mean a drastic change in game size but they do nothing for the actual "game content". ES:Oblivion had a huge world and huge towns, what many people will argue is more content than FF13, yet it's on only one disc even on 360.

Secondly why are you so sure FFvsXIII is bigger? Has any S-E dev ever stated this? Where did you get this idea that AI, draw distance and the like are done better on ps3? Pretty much all western RPGs are action-based and I dont hear of any problems with them on 360. IDK why it'll become a problem with vsXIII.

You say it's not worth the hassle but FFXIII sold 1.5 mil on 360. Most games built for 360 don't sell that much and how much did it cost for a port? You sound like you really know how FFXIII was developed but I read a crapton of info on gaming sites and followed that game to death yet I never heard of any of this. I'm sorry but I'd have to call BS on it.

Do yourself a favor and steel yourself for the inevitable multiplat announcement. Trust me, it'll save you a huge meltdown down the road.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

CGI-Quality said:
Pristine20 said:

wow, when people kept saying there were a lot of ps3 exclusives this year, I really thought it was like 5....didn't now it was this many. FFvsXIII shouldn't be there though. That one's for 20XX and it will be multiplat for sure...wouldn't make sense otherwise. Sony should save some for next year.

Ps3 has really come a long way from when I got it in 2007 and the gamestop clerk looked at me like I was crazy and the  main theme of it's online forum discussions was "It has no games".

I'm not sure I'd say: "it wouldn't make sense otherwise" (PS3 can carry an exclusive Final Fantasy), but it seems likely to happen (go multiplatform). I know I would prefer it to remain exclusive (I really want to see what Square can do with the hardware), but like you, I've already prepared myself for what seems inevitable.

OT: That really is a massive list! 

I agree that the ps3 can carry an exclusive FF. However, ps3 is trailing 360 by 12 mil in the U.S. If S-E really want an increased presence in the west, like the've been saying, they just cant skip a 360 release. U.S./NA is responsible for most western software sales for the most part. This is why I said "it won't make sense otherwise"

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

@CGI quality  not too mention that the US PS3 version outsold the 360 one, so PS3 could support a FF exclusive for sure.

OT, this is insane I didnt know there were that much RPGs coming for PS3. Persona and Wild Arms??? Dynasty Warriors with Move support, cant wait to see how that works

Pristine20 said:
Edgeoflife said:
Pristine20 said:
Edgeoflife said:
Pristine20 said:

Outside chance it will come out in japan in 2011 and it won't be multiplat they already stated several times that it won't, and frankly I don't think the 360s tech could handle it without a downgrade though I agree it probably won't come out in 2011, the list does have a few games that are a bit iffy on if they will release within the year 

I think I read somewhere that someone from S-E said they can't release 2 huge FFs the same year. The FF Japan is getting this year is FFXIII-2 not FFvsXIII. S-E also said many times that FFXIII was exclusive...what happened with that? If you really think the x360 can't handle it...I dont know what to say to you on that regard. Exactly what cant the 360 handle in FFvsXIII? You'd do well to enlighten me because IMO, that makes not a lick of sense whatsoever.

I actually don't remember them ever saying FFXIII won't come to 360, and what happend is MS paid them off and they ended up cutting out content and probably not even starting other content because of it, as for Versus it will definately be bigger then FFXIII, it probably takes advantage of the spes for the AI as well as draw distance and combat since it is an action rpg not a turn base one unlike FFXIII, I'm not saying it's total undoable it's just not worth the hassle since they had to drop the textures of everything for the size and then rewrite half the code 

First of all, I hope you know that disc space doesn't necessarily correlate to more content because I have an inkling that thats where your content argument stems from.  KZ3 is bigger than FF13 sizewise. Would you argue that it has more content too? A few HD movies could mean a drastic change in game size but they do nothing for the actual "game content". ES:Oblivion had a huge world and huge towns, what many people will argue is more content than FF13, yet it's on only one disc even on 360.

Secondly why are you so sure FFvsXIII is bigger? Has any S-E dev ever stated this? Where did you get this idea that AI, draw distance and the like are done better on ps3? Pretty much all western RPGs are action-based and I dont hear of any problems with them on 360. IDK why it'll become a problem with vsXIII.

You say it's not worth the hassle but FFXIII sold 1.5 mil on 360. Most games built for 360 don't sell that much and how much did it cost for a port? You sound like you really know how FFXIII was developed but I read a crapton of info on gaming sites and followed that game to death yet I never heard of any of this. I'm sorry but I'd have to call BS on it.

Do yourself a favor and steel yourself for the inevitable multiplat announcement. Trust me, it'll save you a huge meltdown down the road.

I know that but with square it does since they like to use extremely high res textures in there games, far higher quality then oblivion ever used, one of their maps is probably 10 times the disc size for the same size compared to oblvion, and if the 360 version version looked like oblvion and the ps3 one like FF13 well lets just say it would be rather noticable 

I'm going to start with the one I know for an absolute fact, and that is that draw distance is better on ps3 atleast when it's an exclusive, compare Infamouses draw distance to prototypes or crackdowns, when I first saw infamouses draw distance it blew me away, now for the less obvious ones, as for AI the answer to that is in the ps3 spes, since they are better at multitasking and AI is a task if not several LAIR while not the most cirtically aclaimed game is the best example of this, it has litteraly thousands of AI's on the field constantly fighting each other and reacting to everything you do, I doubt you understand just how complicated or difficult to compute that all is but trust me when I say a hack and slash where 1000 guys just run towards you and attack doesn't even come close to compare as for the size I don't really have any proof on that but logic does play a role, they don't have to worry about limitations they did with XIII unless the game was always planned to be a multiplat I don't see why it wouldn't and if it was I don't see why they'd still be keep it a secret or boast about taking advantage of the ps3 capabilities they were already caught in that lie once with XIII, as for the other ones not being a problem thats because they were designed for 360 not ported, it's alot easier to port a game with passive combat then it is one with real time especially if the code is different and you have to change the AI around 

Again passive combat is alot easier to port then real time, FFXIII they pretty much just placed the enemies until you ran into them which then they could of followed a relatively basic pattern of anything, I'm talking like the pure basics where with real time if you want the monsters to do anything more then run towards tarket and basic attack it takes a considerable amount of programing and frankly square didn't seem all that impressed with 360 sales of FFXIII 

If the game is annouced multiplat before the game is finished I'll lose any hope of the game being good, if it's done after I don't really care, as it stands versus is pretty much squares last chance to keep me as a customer, I bought 12 and was diaspointed, I passed on FFXIII after reading a few reviews (most of them 9/10 but still turned me off) so yeah I won't be that devastated even if they do I just won't be buying it 

Edgeoflife said:
Pristine20 said:
Edgeoflife said:
Pristine20 said:
Edgeoflife said:
Pristine20 said:

I know that but with square it does since they like to use extremely high res textures in there games, far higher quality then oblivion ever used, one of their maps is probably 10 times the disc size for the same size compared to oblvion, and if the 360 version version looked like oblvion and the ps3 one like FF13 well lets just say it would be rather noticable 

I'm going to start with the one I know for an absolute fact, and that is that draw distance is better on ps3 atleast when it's an exclusive, compare Infamouses draw distance to prototypes or crackdowns, when I first saw infamouses draw distance it blew me away, now for the less obvious ones, as for AI the answer to that is in the ps3 spes, since they are better at multitasking and AI is a task if not several LAIR while not the most cirtically aclaimed game is the best example of this, it has litteraly thousands of AI's on the field constantly fighting each other and reacting to everything you do, I doubt you understand just how complicated or difficult to compute that all is but trust me when I say a hack and slash where 1000 guys just run towards you and attack doesn't even come close to compare as for the size I don't really have any proof on that but logic does play a role, they don't have to worry about limitations they did with XIII unless the game was always planned to be a multiplat I don't see why it wouldn't and if it was I don't see why they'd still be keep it a secret or boast about taking advantage of the ps3 capabilities they were already caught in that lie once with XIII, as for the other ones not being a problem thats because they were designed for 360 not ported, it's alot easier to port a game with passive combat then it is one with real time especially if the code is different and you have to change the AI around 

Again passive combat is alot easier to port then real time, FFXIII they pretty much just placed the enemies until you ran into them which then they could of followed a relatively basic pattern of anything, I'm talking like the pure basics where with real time if you want the monsters to do anything more then run towards tarket and basic attack it takes a considerable amount of programing and frankly square didn't seem all that impressed with 360 sales of FFXIII 

If the game is annouced multiplat before the game is finished I'll lose any hope of the game being good, if it's done after I don't really care, as it stands versus is pretty much squares last chance to keep me as a customer, I bought 12 and was diaspointed, I passed on FFXIII after reading a few reviews (most of them 9/10 but still turned me off) so yeah I won't be that devastated even if they do I just won't be buying it 

I actually read in the past that the 360 was better at handling textures due to its freedom of RAM allocation so I've always though of textures to be a RAM thing and not a physical storage thing but this is just hearsay.

I'd be lying if I said I knew what draw distance meant so I'll take your word for that one. As for the A.I., You seem to have a good point but I haven't really seen any ps3 exclusive with such great A.I. that I could attribute only to the console. You also have to remember that exclusive built by sony devs for sony consoles would also always be better in quality/specs than your average game because it's sony trying to showcase their own console strengths. What this means that it may not necessarily be the case that the x360 can't handle it but just that the devs aren't really showcasing any console...which may be another explanation for the differences between Infamous and Prototype.

TBH, vs13, IMO, doesn't even look that technically impressive. It did when it was first shown but with all the stuff thats been released since then, it doesn't look that impressive anymore.  Also, I never really saw that many enemies on screen TBH and enemy count could always be reduced when porting as was the case in the transition from NGII to NG:Sigma II which is actually a curious case since the 360 version was the one with more enemies.

So if a multiplat was announced this E3 and upon release everyone still said vs13 was excellent, you'd still skip? FFXIII has it's flaws but like any game and especially the FF series, I'd advise you to try it for yourself before you judge. It can be found for under $20 now...shouldn't be that much of an investment. If I had listened to FF7 fans before buying FFVIII, I'd have never bought my fav FF so yeah, every FF game is gonna have both sides of the fence, you never know which side you'll end on till you play the title for yourself. 13 is very very different from 12 so hating 12 isn't going to have anything to do with your appreciation for 13. All this only applies if you consider yourself a fan though.

Pristine20 said:
I actually read in the past that the 360 was better at handling textures due to its freedom of RAM allocation so I've always though of textures to be a RAM thing and not a physical storage thing but this is just hearsay.

I'd be lying if I said I knew what draw distance meant so I'll take your word for that one. As for the A.I., You seem to have a good point but I haven't really seen any ps3 exclusive with such great A.I. that I could attribute only to the console. You also have to remember that exclusive built by sony devs for sony consoles would also always be better in quality/specs than your average game because it's sony trying to showcase their own console strengths. What this means that it may not necessarily be the case that the x360 can't handle it but just that the devs aren't really showcasing any console...which may be another explanation for the differences between Infamous and Prototype.

TBH, vs13, IMO, doesn't even look that technically impressive. It did when it was first shown but with all the stuff thats been released since then, it doesn't look that impressive anymore.  Also, I never really saw that many enemies on screen TBH and enemy count could always be reduced when porting as was the case in the transition from NGII to NG:Sigma II which is actually a curious case since the 360 version was the one with more enemies.

So if a multiplat was announced this E3 and upon release everyone still said vs13 was excellent, you'd still skip? FFXIII has it's flaws but like any game and especially the FF series, I'd advise you to try it for yourself before you judge. It can be found for under $20 now...shouldn't be that much of an investment. If I had listened to FF7 fans before buying FFVIII, I'd have never bought my fav FF so yeah, every FF game is gonna have both sides of the fence, you never know which side you'll end on till you play the title for yourself. 13 is very very different from 12 so hating 12 isn't going to have anything to do with your appreciation for 13. All this only applies if you consider yourself a fan though.

Well I don't see how that can be since ps3 has better ram, and even if it was true It'd only be true of running it not having it, textures are images, a high quality digital image will take up alot more space then a low quality one and since there are litterally thousands in every game it adds up

360 has it's own exclusives, and I haven't seen any of those compare to any of the ps3 exclusives which I feel take advantage of the tech and as for the ninja gaiden games it's not like either of those come even close to maxing out either of the consoles any issues would be do to a sloopy port 

You might be right about it not looking technically impressive but they did say they intended to take advantage of the ps3s capabilities, of course they said they same thing with 13 so I probably should take that with a grain of salt but with 13 they kept up with the 100% bullshit with versus they keep saying trying new things based on what the ps3 tech offer, which just seems more credible as for 13 the best reviews of it turn me off, it's too linear too simplistic and I know not being able to control my party members would piss me off, the limited control I had over them in 12 and dragon age annoyed me having no control would drive me crazy, also the whole switching classes things regularly is stupid, it was okay in X-2 because that game didn't really take itself seriously and was more about the mini games but yeah I just don't see one thing about the game that compells me to want to play it 

If it was annouced upon release the game would already be done and it wouldn't be an issue, if it's annouced mid-development it will mess up the game and I won't get it, if it is praised enough I might look into or if it has a demo I'll play it but I'd probably given up on it by then

Edgeoflife said:

Now I don't want to knock the PS3 or your belief of how superior it is to the 360 but you seem to be of the mindstate that it's so far beyond the 360 that it's ridiculous.  Your reasons behind this are that some exclusive A-List games designed by company A are superior to some multi-plat or  B-List game designed by company B.  I'm not sure that makes sense.  I mean, look at games like Gears of War 2, Halo 3, or Assassins Creed (multi-plat).  These are games that feature HUGE draw distances but at the same time look just as good (in my opinion, much better) than a game like inFamous--and featured TONS of NPC's running around with their own AI.  As for the 360 holding a game like FF13 back, it wasn't the best JRPG around (it's definitely no Lost Odyssey) but can you name any other JRPG that looks better?  How could the 360 be holding that game back if it's the best looking around?

Now it's a great thing for PS3 owners to have such great exclusives (although, I'm only interested in two or three of them, for sure) in 2011.  More games is definitely a good thing.  Dismissing a great game simply because it suddenly got announced on another platform despite the probability that it's the exact same game it would have been, otherwise (as far as we can prove) is just the wrong stance to have.  I've never played the Killzone series so that may be the one--but aside from Heavy Rain and God of War 3, there's nothing (not even Uncharted 2) that seemes to be a quantum leap beyond what we've already seen on the 360.  The two are closer in power than you want to admit.