By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Nintendo SHOULD do for Wii 2

Get the piracy under control!! Red Steel 2 would have possibly sold 750K, rather than 400K.  This ties into third party relations aswell I'm sure. Do you think Ubi's going to want to develop anything for a nintendo console not named just dance?

Around the Network

Controls: Better, more compact version of the Wiimote nunchuk, wireless, integrated vitality sensor, rumble, better speaker, mic and it should be touch sensitive.

Hardware : 720P (maybe even 1080), games run at 30/60 FPS, at least 1GB ram (2 GB if we're lucky ),at least a quad core proccessor, more powerful than PS3 but not as powerful as PS4/720 (bare minimum requirements for next gen ports). backwards compatible with Wii and maybe GameCube.

Online: Very much improved over Wii, somewhere along the line of Live. Most likely free. Online social gaming will likely be a big focus of the console. Some multi-media features (NetFlix and such).

Price: $250-$300. (Maybe up to $350.

launch Timing: 1-2 years before PS4/720. Probably Q4 2012.

Media: HD-DVD/Blu-Ray

Branding: Super Wii Cube Entertainment System 64...who knows...

And throw in some new kind of gimmick.

the next wii needs cup holders. k. thanx.

Playstation All-Stars is one of the best games I've played this gen, and is the most fun I've had in a game this gen.

I don't know why anyone thinks the next one is going to have wii in it's title and personally I think the next nintendo console won't have motion controls or atleast not have it as the default, I think nintendo is going to back to a more traditional design 

wii 2 should be fine, it just needs good games and good online. ive fully enjoyed gaming with snes/n64/gc and with wii, i simply dont get any games for it as there isnt any real choice

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
Edgeoflife said:

I don't know why anyone thinks the next one is going to have wii in it's title and personally I think the next nintendo console won't have motion controls or atleast not have it as the default, I think nintendo is going to back to a more traditional design 

Yes after they found success in motion and got copied by the competition they are going to go backwards instead of forewords >_>

They are going to improve on what they have and give us something new on top of that

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
Edgeoflife said:

Yes after they found success in motion and got copied by the competition they are going to go backwards instead of forewords >_>

They are going to improve on what they have and give us something new on top of that

Have you played any of the games released on wii by nintendo recently? They are using the classic controller design and remaking games from the snes era and have all but abandoned motion control, the wii was sucessful the first time around but I doubt it would be a second time and I think nintendo feels the same way they had the shock and wow factor back then, now the mindset would be more what more shovelware I'll pass

Good points, agree with all of them.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Edgeoflife said:
Roma said:
Edgeoflife said:

Have you played any of the games released on wii by nintendo recently? They are using the classic controller design and remaking games from the snes era and have all but abandoned motion control, the wii was sucessful the first time around but I doubt it would be a second time and I think nintendo feels the same way they had the shock and wow factor back then, now the mindset would be more what more shovelware I'll pass

No. Motion controls are staying. Nintendo would be stupid to let it go.

We went from D-pad to DA and now we are going to motion controls.

Controllers need to keep moving forward. They're probably going to make some kind oh hybrid controller.

Play4Fun said:
Edgeoflife said:
Roma said:
Edgeoflife said:

No. Motion controls are staying. Nintendo would be stupid to let it go.

We went from D-pad to DA and now we are going to motion controls.

Controllers need to keep moving forward. They're probably going to make some kind oh hybrid controller.

People keep saying that but they base it on nothing besides the fact wii sold alot