By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anyone think Persona 5 will be announced this year?

Anyone else have a feeling l P5 will be announced this year? They have the Catherine engine down and the fanbase has been begging for a new console-version of Persona

thoughts?

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

All of the hype is focused on Catherine right now but I'm positive we'll see an announcement this year and maybe even a Japanese release by the end of the year. Atlus tends to not reveal games that are too far out

I remember an article surfacing almost a year ago confirming that the game is in development and assuming it's using the Catherine engine it's probably pretty far along

for playstation 3, yes :) next persona with tales of xillia, ninokuni and ff13 versus.

the best RPG's are coming 2013 !!!! oh my god, this is perfect for RPG-GAMER = ) Ni No Kuni - 25 january, Time and Eternity, tales of xillia (PS3) and the maybe best game ever: metal gear solid ground zero

i hope so...Japan release end of the year sounds just right!

Nah, Atlus will probably port Persona 2: Eternal Punishment after Innocent Sin and maybe even make a Persona 4 Portable just to piss us off /jk

This year I'm sure we will have some kind of info after Catherine launch.

Around the Network

No. Early next year IMO.

SMT said:

Nah, Atlus will probably port Persona 2: Eternal Punishment after Innocent Sin and maybe even make a Persona 4 Portable just to piss us off /jk

This year I'm sure we will have some kind of info after Catherine launch.

The first part of this I think is correct. I think the Persona series development is on bringing both the P2 games to PSP. I don't think we're going to see a P4P, however; Atlus did state that there would only be one version of P4. Going back on their word would hurt fans' views of them, and for a company that is so heavily fan-driven, it would be dangerous. (This isn't to say that a direct port-only isn't impossible, though...)

I'm pegging a P5 announcement on next year. My guess is that Atlus will want to see how Catherine does, as well as how things are shaping up for both the 3DS and NGP, to determine where it will go.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

I hope not, I still have to play the entire Megami Tensei series, and this could take a while. :D

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Perhaps at TGS.

But they also have that Persona game for the 3DS which could blow everybody's party.

Persona is one of the last rare franchise which uses classic turn-based gameplay so I'm really hoping for Persona 5 on HD consoles.

Persona 5 would probably be a first day buy, just like Tales and Versus. :D Such an awesome and improving series!