By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY is currently "Struggling to MEET DEMAND" for the PSP!!! (yes the PSP)

ninty_shareholder64 said:

If Sony would have told these PSP sold out news late 2010, after the huge Japan sell through, it would be something else.

But bringing this news now, after the NGP announcement and the commenting on price issue, i can't see the NGP near 299$.

And "smart move" because they don't want to kill the PSP, is a bit naive, imho.

Sony can tell what they want to, but after 3DS and NGP release, who should want to buy PSPs anymore?

Nearly no one, if you ask me.

Same people who are still buying the PS2 ?

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
silicon said:

If you wanted a serious answer... it could be because they projected low sales of the PSP, but because of Japan and their current PSP line up, the demand for the PSP is greater then they budgeted. Basically they didn't make enough.

Just because it's selling less than the DS doesn't mean they have the difference sitting around in some warehouse.

YEah I did want a serious answer. Its just no-one has mentioned of any shortages of PSP on the forums.

His comment came out of the blue.

Yes it was mentioned, it's just that you were away - MHP3 caused severe PSP shortages in Japan.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Euphoria14 said:
Seece said:

I am sorry but this is getting on my nerves.

The title should be :

"Sony is currently "Struggling to meet demand in Japan" for the PSP.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Around the Network
Silver-Tiger said:

lol I almost missed the muppet in the back seat

@cat with gun aimed at silver-tiger

He didn't specify a region in the article. But either way I hate Yoshida, hated him since the day he became president of sony worldwide studios.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

nen-suer said:

If Sony would have told these PSP sold out news late 2010, after the huge Japan sell through, it would be something else.

But bringing this news now, after the NGP announcement and the commenting on price issue, i can't see the NGP near 299$.

Sony can tell what they want to, but after 3DS and NGP release, who should want to buy PSPs anymore?

Comparing PSP to the mighty PS2?

Shame on you.

You know, PS2 was gen king by a huge margin (>50%), great 3rd party support, etc.

But you don't want to interprete this Sony statement other than NGP price explanation?

Would you?

nen-suer said:

Comparing PSP to the mighty PS2?

Shame on you.

You know, PS2 was gen king by a huge margin (>50%), great 3rd party support, etc.

But you don't want to interprete this Sony statement other than NGP price explanation?

Would you?

NGP will be sold at a loss just like its older brothers so keeping a profitable HW around is always a good idea.

PS1 stayed around even after the ps2 came out, same with the ps2 and am sure sony will do the same with the ps3

Of course the PSP wont stay for years after the NGP, but a year or 2 is enough.

DS  sales and PSP sales (well...in japan)  wont die as fast as you think.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

The PSP is a long way from the PS2.

In 2006, PS2 sold 14.2m and 196m PS2 only software.

In 2010, PSP will probably sell around 7.3 with 195m sofware for the entire PS family. It's a safe bet the 2011 numbers will be even lower.

I repeat, the PS2 sold more software in 2006 than the entire PS family will in 2010.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Sony factory is slow as shit, confirmed.