By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - THE NEW GRAPHICS KING CLAIMS ITS THRONE!

Im talking consoles, Crysis 2 for the 360 (beta) was ..not a console king in my opinion. Crysis 1 is a beast on the PC, but so are most games on the PC. I am a console player though and I sold my 360 because I have a gaming PC already. If I wanted to experience any game badly, I could do it on the PC so its all geeewd.

Killzone 3 doesnt rape Uncharted 2, it just sets the bar a tad higher imo. Go play the SP beta and come back, seirously it's amazing. Lets not compare the Uncharted 2 SP experience to the MP beta of Killzone 3, but even then its pretty close! Killzone 3 looks amazing on MP but is just outright crazy on the SP DEMO I played, (DID I MENTION ..DEMO!!). Check out the reviews at Metacritic. Most agree on KZ3 setting the bar higher just like CGI pointed out.

Not to worry, I have no doubt Naughty Dog will have Drake steal the crown within this year is over. Sony should turn off the friendly fire. I just wanted GG enjoy their time on top with KZ3.

Once again, I will list my opinion and the way I see it:
Uncharted 3 > Killzone 3 > Uncharted 2 > GoW3 > Killzone 2

Why would I put Uncharted 3? Well the gameplay on the chateu from youtube on HD alone doesnt leave a doubt in my mind LOL.

A few things:
A lot of people said multiplats would > exclusives recently by mentioning... Crysis 2, Bulletstorm, Brink and Rage.

Honestly, Brink looks awesome and so does bulletstorm.. and yes even Crysis 2, but from what I have tried myself, the games DO NOT beat the former console graphic kings that I mentioned above. Only Rage stands a chance now and even that game won't be ..overall better looking, but due to its fact that its an open world (and god the sky box <3 XD) it could very well be the most impressive game. I wont hold my breath though but we'll see :3. Great to see GG didnt dissapoint though!

ANYWAY CONGRATZ GG ON KZ3 AGAIN!

(Go download the game from store if ur PS , or else wait a few days and dl it later. If u got a 3D TV, try it out, its really awesome!)

Around the Network

Btw people, what happend to Selnor? He was like me.. just the 360 version lol

CGI-Quality said:
Mr.Metralha said:
Xen said:
Mr.Metralha said:

Crysis

You did read the thread and saw what platform we're talking about, right?

Oh, I see, you didn't.

Yes I did, it doesn't say that the OP is talking about PS3 only, neither the title of the thread, therefore, Crysis is still the king.

He's speaking strictly consoles. Let's not make it something it isn't.

There's isn't crysis on PS3?

I could swear there is.

Mr.Metralha said:
CGI-Quality said:
Mr.Metralha said:
Xen said:
Mr.Metralha said:

Crysis

You did read the thread and saw what platform we're talking about, right?

Oh, I see, you didn't.

Yes I did, it doesn't say that the OP is talking about PS3 only, neither the title of the thread, therefore, Crysis is still the king.

He's speaking strictly consoles. Let's not make it something it isn't.

There's isn't crysis on PS3?

I could swear there is.

Well if it was on PS3, it would be not graphics king, so it is not a big loss. Let's move on.

From what I've seen and played with single player Demo its certainly right there, though personally I think Uncharted 2 still looks better.  For me its the best looking console game.

And personally I think from the looks of it Both Uncharted 3 and Gears of War 3 are going to look better than KZ3 anyways.

Around the Network
Booh! said:

About Crysis...

It uses forward rendering for the lights and the sunlight is just directional lighting. No ray tracing:

The end result is an unrealistically flat image, the arm and the hat do not cast shadows. However, Crysis 2 was announced to (finally) implement deferred lighting:

http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=27883

Deferred lighting in Killzone 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCEkoecEI8k

Pointless comparison. Lighting in Crysis is real-time calculated. Lighting in Killzone is baked in.

binary solo said:
Squilliam said:

Calling a game graphics king but only including consoles is like having a dick measuring contest and only inviting girls.

Which then makes it a clit measuring contest. And if I'm the only guy at a clit measuring contest I'm the happiest guy in the world at that moment.

So, let us proceed with the clit measuring shall we?

As I said, Valkyria Chronicles is the graphics king for me. Nothing has delivered the total package of technical excellence and artistic merit like VC. And until there's another VC on PS3 I don't think anything will.

Oh, and I think Naruto Shippuden: UNS2 looks bloody brilliant. Almost indistinguishable from the animated series.

Where will The Last Guardian sit I wonder.

Yay! Someone appreciates its awesomeness! I'm surpised no one has mentioned Eternal Sonata. I have yet to see a game with artistically better graphics.

gurglesletch said:
osamanobama said:
Nsanity said:

No offence to some of you but your opinions are not fact.

do what would you say the best graphical console game is?

Uncharted 2, God of War 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, maybe Uncharted 1, or even KZ2?

its got to be one of those right? if its not KZ3 or one of the ones i listed, im sorry but ur eyes are brokenz.

I think you meant MGS4 instead of Uncharted 1. Its graphics aren't amazing anymore.

yeah i forgot MGS4, its still one of the best.

but actually Uncharted 1 is still technically one of the best looking games to date. i think (cant think of their name, they do tech specs of games, not digital foundry but the other site) did a comparison with UNcharted 1 and it still is one of the most advanced games ever

I think the last guardian will be the best looking console game when all is said and done this year.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Aldro said:

Why haven't I seen a thread like this :(?

Would just want to congratulate Guerilla Games on making the best looking graphics on consoles to date. I've played the closed beta and online beta, but now after the non 3D demo .. AND 3D demo, I am completely sold (and I had to check Metacritic aswell, everyone seem to agree xD).

So anyway.. CONGRATZ GG & KILLZONE 3!

ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN!

KZ3 > UN2 > GoW3 > KZ2 (My opinion)

(Naughty dog is coming to get you... Uncharted 3 will most likely beat KZ3 ;/, just a feeling I have!)

Great post..... i agree with your order of graphics..... and i got the same feeling about Uncharted 3 surpassing it....

Sony's first party developers seem to like to one-up eachother........ which is great for us!

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???