By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Outsold 360 By Almost 5 Million in 2010

http://www.gamersmint.com/ps3-slim-sold-more-units-than-xbox-360-in-2010/

PS3 Slim sold more units than Xbox 360 in 2010

Sony’s just posted their financials  and it shows that they’ve sold more Playstation 3 Slim models than Microsoft’s Xbox 360.

The PS3 Slim has sold a total of 36 million units since it’s launch compared to the Xbox 360′s 28.2 million units sold during the same period of time.

Here are the full details:

PS3 Slim Hardware Sales:

• 2009/10 – 11.9 million units sold
  • 2010/11 – 24.1 million units sold

Xbox 360 Hardware Sales:

• 2009/10:  8.8 million units sold
  • 2010/11: 19.4 million units sold

Difference in Hardware Sales:

2009/10: PS3 Slim sold 3.1 million units more than Xbox 360.

2010/11: PS3 Slim sold 4.7 million units more than Xbox 360.

As you can see since the launch of the PS3 Slim, Sony has outsold Microsoft’s console when it comes to number of hardware units moved.

Stay tuned for more updates.

You can compare all three hardware giants, Nintendo and Microsoft and Sony’s console sales over here.

Source 1, Source 2

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

Around the Network

sold to retailers correct?

Xbbjf9s said:

Xbbjf9s is absolutly right

25 million sales in 2010? Are you crazy!

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Where are these numbers coming from

That's not right. The PS3 has outsold the 360 by 4 to 5 million since the Slim which was in 2009. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
Xbbjf9s said:

doesn't this site have a hard time tracking ps3 sales in regions like the mid east? I know there was nearly a 2mil adjustment for the ps3 a few months ago. Either way 25mil is...crazy lol

Michael-5 said:
Xbbjf9s said:

I'm pretty sure that the 2010/2011 sales you see are actually 2009-2011. They basically just added them.

Kinect rules!

O_o???

as much as I would love seeing the PS3 sell 24.1 m in one year is crazy talk(unless they secretly started selling PS3's in China!!! lol)

are these shipped numbers?

arcane_chaos said:

O_o???

as much as I would love seeing the PS3 sell 24.1 m in one year is crazy talk(unless they secretly started selling PS3's in China!!! lol)

are these shipped numbers?

hey when do they plan on doing that? When that happens ps3 are gonna be insane.