By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - NGP is a Dev's dream: Sony details NGP strategies at private UK event

darthdevidem01 said:
Scoobes said:
Chibi.V.29 said:

Wooow O_O Thats  crazy amount of praise from the developers. If in NGP gets this kind of support everywhere we may just have found ourselves a winner.

Yeah, the only worry is (initially at least) we may see a lot of PS3 ports rather than new games. However, this could also be considerred a plus if they manage the cloud storage thing.

Wait would I have to buy the same PS3 game on NGP if I wanted to utilize cloud storage or will buying a PS3 copy of the game give me an NGP copy too? (a game stick/cartridge bundled with the PS3 version's disc)

If its the former LOLOLOL I aint buying games twice and I guarantee you most people won't.

I guess I'll buy one when we see new games on it.

I have one more question person with cat avatar

As the development looks VERY easy how does this affect budget? IS budget affected by ease of development tools or does graphics and other things take up the budget? Could NGP actually be able to have good production value games but those games not needing a high budget?

I think Zarx answered your question already whilst I was doing what cats do best.... sleep :P

I'll just add that anything that saves time is going to help save money. I think what we might see is more games that use similar art assets to PS3 games but designed with the portable in mind. Kinda like GTA Stories games on the original PSP, but hopefully designed around the portable device rather than just a console game on a portable.

Also, the fact that they use similar dev environments would mean that porting of engines would be very fast so the development costs would likely be lower for a new piece of hardware for those teams that have already worked on PS3.

Btw, what happened to your dog?

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:

Sony has a winner on their hands with this one :D they have made all the right moves so far. Devs are loving it. And wipeout..droooooool

but we will still see few posts saying lack of dev support or how much more expensive and difficult it is to make games for NGP is..... >_>

and about the number of games at launch, I think plenty of them will be there..most probably all the ones they listed at the Announcement event must have them already. Either way UC and Gravity Daze are all I need

Fast forward a couple years, those comments do not seem to be much out of reality.