kingofwale said:
bluthunder said:

PS3 HW - 6.3m
PSP HW - 3.6m
PS2 HW - 2.1m

PS3 SW - 57.6m
PSP SW - 16.5m
PS2 SW - 5.3m

6.3 million shipped vs thesource's prediction of 6 million shipped (OP post)

looks like an adjustment is soon to follow, again

It's a mere 5% difference.  Not much reason to adjust.

right,i check last 3 month VGC,no need to adjustment(well thats because already adjusted last week)

Incorrect, VGC has the 360 ahead of the PS3 by 4.2 million units, shipment data does not match that.

Incorrect,when last Q data out,VGC gaps between 360 and PS3 still 3.6m

dont ask me why

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly.php?date=40566&reg=World&date=40447&console=&maker=

Around the Network
trestres said:
DarkintheLight said:

So bottom line how much did the big 3 ship during 2010?

During calendar year 2010, Sony shipped 14.4 million PS3 consoles.
Nintendo shipped 17.2 million Wii consoles.

So far into the current Fiscal year, Sony shipped 12.2 million units and has a target of 15 million units (2.8 estimated for next quarter)
Nintendo shipped during this fiscal year 13.7 million units and has a target of 16 million units (2.3 estimated for the next quarter)

I think both will get there, I expect PS3 to outship the Wii during this quarter based on better Japanese and EMEEA sales.

I don't have MS figures.

Shame was more interested in MSes then Nintendo's

SONY IS TEH SURFING TEH CHANNELZZZ!!!!

But on a serious note, great numbers for the PS3. Sony should be very happy.

Kynes said:
ElGranCabeza said:
D-Joe said:
makingmusic476 said:
kingofwale said:
bluthunder said:

PS3 HW - 6.3m
PSP HW - 3.6m
PS2 HW - 2.1m

PS3 SW - 57.6m
PSP SW - 16.5m
PS2 SW - 5.3m

right,i check last 3 month VGC,no need to adjustment(well thats because already adjusted last week)

Incorrect, VGC has the 360 ahead of the PS3 by 4.2 million units, shipment data does not match that.

As has been explained several times, where are those consoles? VGC matches the other tracking firms, and they can't put the consoles in the void. They are probably in very hard to track countries.

You really want me to tell you where those consoles are? Either way that's a very poor explanation. VGC uses a formula to calculate sales, obviously they're not accounting for all regions. Manufacturers must report total shipment numbers and cannot lie on those numbers. Bottom line, VGC numbers are off.

D-Joe said:
ElGranCabeza said:
D-Joe said:
makingmusic476 said:
kingofwale said:
bluthunder said:

PS3 HW - 6.3m
PSP HW - 3.6m
PS2 HW - 2.1m

PS3 SW - 57.6m
PSP SW - 16.5m
PS2 SW - 5.3m

dont ask me why

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly.php?date=40566&reg=World&date=40447&console=&maker=

Read my post above, and why the hell are you linking me to WW Sept 25th week?

Around the Network

hmm i wonder what adjustments we will get.

4.2 mil VGC sales gap as of 1st jan.

3.0 mil shipments gap as of 1st jan.

Thats ~1.6 mil PS3's on store shelves as of 1st jan vs. ~0.3 mil 360's on store shelves.  

ElGranCabeza said:
D-Joe said:
ElGranCabeza said:
D-Joe said:
makingmusic476 said:
kingofwale said:
bluthunder said:

PS3 HW - 6.3m
PSP HW - 3.6m
PS2 HW - 2.1m

PS3 SW - 57.6m
PSP SW - 16.5m
PS2 SW - 5.3m

dont ask me why

Read my post above, and why the hell are you linking me to WW Sept 25th week?

thats end of Sony's Q2/MS's Q1 shipments

you should ask VGC why

ElGranCabeza said:
Kynes said:
ElGranCabeza said:
D-Joe said:
makingmusic476 said:
kingofwale said:
bluthunder said:

PS3 HW - 6.3m
PSP HW - 3.6m
PS2 HW - 2.1m

PS3 SW - 57.6m
PSP SW - 16.5m
PS2 SW - 5.3m

As has been explained several times, where are those consoles? VGC matches the other tracking firms, and they can't put the consoles in the void. They are probably in very hard to track countries.

You really want me to tell you where those consoles are? Either way that's a very poor explanation. VGC uses a formula to calculate sales, obviously they're not accounting for all regions. Manufacturers must report total shipment numbers and cannot lie on those numbers. Bottom line, VGC numbers are off.

PS3 may need a small bump up, maybe not, but 360 definitely needs an adjustment down.  It's shipment was 50.8 at the beginning of January.  According to VGC it was able to sell through that shipment, plus 1 mil more, in the matter of a month.  Of course, Sony'd numbers just came out, so they may have been waiting for all the numbers to come out before they did any adjustments.

ElGranCabeza said:
Kynes said:
ElGranCabeza said:

So VGC should create a "We don't know where" or "Atlantis" to place those consoles? It's more important to you the epeen than the fidelity of the numbers?

So ps3 may overtake 360 this year?