By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - DS Sales, How high can they go?

I think the DS has the potential to sell another 5 million this month minimum, especially since My Word Coach just released for the casuals.

Around the Network

how many people are there on the Earth again?

kirby007 said:

^^ so true

Wrong, its the DS Lite printing money not the normal DS

I've just noticed it, was too busy to check on the console sales, (DS is not a console but handheld, keep that in mind folks) that I didn't see the ridiculous high amount of DS sales. Really had to wipe out my eyes to see if I didn't see double numbers :-O

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

@kirby007 thank you!

FishyJoe said:
routsounmanman said:
Yet these extraordinary sales don't seem to get that reflected in the US! In Europe and Japan DS software is crazy, yet not so in US. WTF?

Could be worse, much worse. See PSP.

Also, I think NOA is a bit behind the curve when it comes to DS marketing.

Nintendo of Japan did yell at NOA for not marketing Brain Age well enough, compared to Europe or Japan.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Around the Network

last year it topped 1.5 million for the week before Christmas.... This year it will have topped 1.5 million a week earlier.

2 million in a single week is a stretch, i forsee it will come short of 2 million that last week, but only due to supply.

1% of the world population has a DS. Still a long way to go, Nintendo :p

fazz said:
I don't know where I've read that holiday craziness in Japan starts at the end of December. Was it here? Not sure.

What amuses me is that people still doubts about the DS beating the PS2 as the best selling console.

I have absolutely no doubts that the DS will outsell the PS2.  It's pretty much a given.   However, I put them in the apples and oranges category.  One is a true console, the other is a handheld.   When I think of a console, I think NES, Genesis, PS/1/2/3, GC, Xbox, etc.  When I think of Handhelds I think of the Gameboy, DS, PSP, Lynx, Game Gear, etc.   They are marketed a bit differently as obviously most people don't pack up their console (Wii, PS3, etc) and take it to work, or to play while on a plane or a car trip. 

So that said, yes, the DS will outsell the PS2, but they are different enough that they aren't in the same category.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

I have a John Lucas here everbody. Next week the DS will sell OVER 9000!

... easy^^

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.