By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does Netflix look better on some consoles than other consoles?

Does Netflix look better on some consoles than other consoles?

Looks better on the Xbox 360 45 33.58%

Looks better on the PS3 47 35.07%

Looks better on the Wii 14 10.45%

They all look the same 28 20.90%

Total:134

Since my TV has the option of doing "picture in picture" (which is awesome since I was playing Pokemon Puzzle League on half the TV while my GF watched Law and Order SVU on the other half, yesterday), I'm gonna fire up the exact same movie on all three and see what happens.  Of course, with all three consoles running Netflix at the same time, I suspect the quality is going to be affected.  Still should be fun, though!

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

Since my TV has the option of doing "picture in picture" (which is awesome since I was playing Pokemon Puzzle League on half the TV while my GF watched Law and Order SVU on the other half, yesterday), I'm gonna fire up the exact same movie on all three and see what happens.  Of course, with all three consoles running Netflix at the same time, I suspect the quality is going to be affected.  Still should be fun, though!

I'd be interested in the results.

Hapimeses said:
d21lewis said:

I may even youtube it!!

d21lewis said:
Hapimeses said:
d21lewis said:

I may even youtube it!!

Well then, I'm definitely interested! Go, go gadget comparison video! The internet simply does not have enough of those.

I was just reading about Amazon joining the streaming movie battle at the end of the month, should prove interesting. Maybe an Internet-ready HDTV will be in the works for my budget soon. *ponder*

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Around the Network

I've used all three consoles for Netflix and I absolutely hate the interface for the PS3 and 360. After using the Wii's interface, it's hard to go back to the other ones.

And as for picture quality, I do not notice any big difference. :/

I noticed PS3 Netflix interface has changed yesterday. Runs so much smoother now and load times are greatly decreased for me.

Not sure on quality though as it has yet to be a problem even with Wi-Fi.

Wii still looks great though.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!