Forums - Sales Discussion - GAMESTATION UK - ANYONE IN UK PLEASE READ!!

I have just received an email (the second communication) from the competition commision regarding Games purchasing of Gamestation.

 

from: John.Doyle@cc.gsi.gov.uk


Thank you again for your helpful submission. As you may know, it is the practice of the Competition Commission to publish on its web site the submissions it receives. This is to aid transparency with respect to inquiries. As such, I would appreciate your advice by Thursday 27 December 2007 on whether we might publish your submission on our web site. Of course, if there is anything in your submission, including your identity, that you would rather keep confidential, please let me know so we might publish an excised version.

I look forward to your earliest advice.

Kind regards,

John Doyle

Inquiry Co-ordinator

Competition Commission

020 7271 0325

We used to pay between £29.99 - £34.99 for new release games because these two stores were trying to beat each others prices, now nearly all new releases are £39.99+

Game says there is plenty of competition because of Woolworths, Whsmiths and supermarkets etc but the stores mentioned always had higher prices than Game and Gamestation when they were both cutting prices to take customers off each other.

I also never see gamers hanging round the shelves in Wolworths talking about the latest FPS, this kind of customer nearly always goes to Game or Gamestation.

So whether you are a Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft fan, if you live in the UK and care that Gamestation will just be another branch of Game albeit under a different name, do something about it by writing an email!!

Doesn't matter if you haven't got much to say and write 2 lines or like me have to much to say and write 2 pages....JUST DO IT!!

Whether you're 13 save your pocket money and buy 1 game a month at Game / Gamestation or 50 have a well paid job and buy 5 games a week at these stores...send an email!!

You can't complain in 6 months time when the merger is fanalised and then mysteriously the prices at these stores suddenly jumps up £5 an item if you haven't at least tried something!

The amail again is: John.Doyle@cc.gsi.gov.uk

 

 



Around the Network

It's a shame, gamestation is the best gamestore in england, now that CeX only seems to sell phones



It's such a shame most people in the UK are too lazy and can't be arsed to ever stand up and do anything when something like this happens.

You always hear plenty of complaining from people in the UK about certain situations, but when it comes to action, most of the population stand about wondering when others are going to do it for them.



this is why i order my games from gameplay online and get them for £35-£40 instead of 50 :)



Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Theres nothing we can do, Gamestation was for sale and Game needed to buy it to keep Gamestop from buying it. If Gamestop brought it we would be in a much worse situation, the one in Birmingham charges you £10 on top of the standard price of the game.



Around the Network
highwaystar101 said:
Theres nothing we can do, Gamestation was for sale and Game needed to buy it to keep Gamestop from buying it. If Gamestop brought it we would be in a much worse situation, the one in Birmingham charges you £10 on top of the standard price of the game.

 You have experience with the stores, an opinion and a voice, you can at least let it be heard!

 



llewdebkram said:
highwaystar101 said:
Theres nothing we can do, Gamestation was for sale and Game needed to buy it to keep Gamestop from buying it. If Gamestop brought it we would be in a much worse situation, the one in Birmingham charges you £10 on top of the standard price of the game.

 You have experience with the stores, an opinion and a voice, you can at least let it be heard!

 


I have, My mate is the manager at a large Gamestation and he said their is nothing anyone can do about it. It is much better to go to a shop owned by Game than Gamestop.



You're fretting over nothing. There is hardly a monopoly in games retail, and therefore no reason for the competition commission to take action over the merger. Tesco probably sells more games than Game and Gamestation combined as it is. Price fixing isn't likely to be an issue.



highwaystar101 said:
llewdebkram said:
highwaystar101 said:
Theres nothing we can do, Gamestation was for sale and Game needed to buy it to keep Gamestop from buying it. If Gamestop brought it we would be in a much worse situation, the one in Birmingham charges you £10 on top of the standard price of the game.

You have experience with the stores, an opinion and a voice, you can at least let it be heard!

 


I have, My mate is the manager at a large Gamestation and he said their is nothing anyone can do about it. It is much better to go to a shop owned by Game than Gamestop.


It must be right if your mate said so then!

I do hope you are never in a situation when you have to think for yourself and act!

 



llewdebkram said:
highwaystar101 said:
llewdebkram said:
highwaystar101 said:
Theres nothing we can do, Gamestation was for sale and Game needed to buy it to keep Gamestop from buying it. If Gamestop brought it we would be in a much worse situation, the one in Birmingham charges you £10 on top of the standard price of the game.

You have experience with the stores, an opinion and a voice, you can at least let it be heard!

 


I have, My mate is the manager at a large Gamestation and he said their is nothing anyone can do about it. It is much better to go to a shop owned by Game than Gamestop.


It must be right if your mate said so then!

I do hope you are never in a situation when you have to think for yourself and act!

 

I trust his views like I would those Niel Bohr or Charles Darwin, He probably knows more about the company than most of the people who work for Gamestation, so chances are what he says is correct because he is an expert.

I do think for myself and act on a regular basis. Don't get all high and mighty because you think I'm not correct, when I am. It's happening and thats that, I suggest you grow up.