By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts - Week 4

Kinect already sold ton of HW and SW. I wonder what will sell better: Kinect hardcore (Rise of Nightmares, Project Draco etc.) or casual/party games.

Around the Network
fwap said:

That is last week, and also not the UK!

how does my point change? You are just hating for some reason obviously

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

donsterydo2 said:

Kinect already sold ton of HW and SW. I wonder what will sell better: Kinect hardcore (Rise of Nightmares, Project Draco etc.) or casual/party games.

depends what you would link kinect sports into. Kinect sports is selling exceedingly well, fitness will kill it as well. If that is casual then casual.

Rise of Nightmares will sell well if it is good, future games will sell better when people are more used to it.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

kowenicki said:

@fwap...  no idea why you say that..

In the UK (proper current week) chart Kinect sports is above GT5, Kinect Adventures must also be above so likely top 10. Kinect is doing just fine.

OT

LBP2 down 48%.. Its tracking almost identically to LBP.

Well, all Kinect titles in the UK list being down about 6 places means there's been a significant dip in Kinect SW sales (at least) across the board in the UK. It's hardly surprising. We pretty much know, with Wii's performance the last couple of years, that the (for want of a better word) casual games - and hence casually perceived hardware - sell especially well during the holidays, and have a consequent larger fall off after the holidays. It would be a mighty achievement on the part of Kinect if, with it's current SW line up, it carried it's holiday momentum beyond January. It will be interesting to see what happens when the games that are more appealing to the non-holiday console buying demographic (formally known as core gamers) are released for Kinect, and whether that boosts Kinect momentum through the flatter periods of the year.

Or, UK could be experiencing some shortages, like the Americas, and once the supply is back up Kinect and 360 will take off again.

I think people are taking the little kitten sliding gif a bit too seriously. I thought it was cute, and a little bit amusing. But then I don't know whether fwap is a rabid Kinect hater or not.

Nice for LBP2. A less than 50% drop is good for any game in week 2. I hope it's the same for other markets, esp the USA.

I was hoping ME2 (PS3) would hold up and not drop off much at all, that way the low week 1 would have been attributable to retailers not ordering/EA not shipping enough. The drop down the UK charts suggests demand is dropping away at the current price, pretty much in line with ordinary releases. I was hoping for more support of this game on PS3. But then again I'm holding off buying it myself, so hopefully there's plenty of people like me who will get it later in 2011. I won't be buying ME3 early either.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

that kitten sliding slow,if fwap really think Kinect software falling fast,the gif should be like that

Around the Network

"I can confirm that The Cat Empire is currently in a state of neutrality with the Kinect device. However, as always, The Cat Empire is vigorous in the promoting of all kitty-related GIFs across the internet, especially those concerning hardware and software sales."

http://imperialcat.com/theworldbelongtothecatsnow/kittylitter/ FCat_Empire_confirms_neutrality_against_kinect.html

France
(Week 3)

TOP 5 CONSOLES

Little Big Planet 2
PS3
Sony
Call of Duty : Black Ops
PS3
Activision Blizzard
Just Dance 2
Wii
Ubisoft
Wii Party
Wii
Nintendo
Little Big Planet 2 - Edition spéciale
PS3
Sony

TOP 5 PC

Call of Duty : Black Ops
Activision Blizzard
Les Sims 3
Electronic Arts
Starcraft 2 : Wings of Liberty
Activision Blizzard
Farming Simulator 2011
Focus Home Interactive
World of Warcraft Cataclysm
Activision Blizzard

Latest Irish Software Charts

TOP 20 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE (ALL PRICES), WEEK ENDING 29 January 2011

LW

TW     Title Developer Label Publisher
- 1     DEAD SPACE 2 VISCERAL GAMES EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
1 2     LITTLEBIGPLANET 2 MEDIA MOLECULE SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
4 3     FIFA 11 EA CANADA EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
2 4     CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS TREYARCH ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
5 5     ASSASSIN'S CREED: BROTHERHOOD UBISOFT (MONTREAL) UBISOFT UBISOFT
8 6     ART ACADEMY HEADSTRONG GAMES NINTENDO NINTENDO
6 7     JUST DANCE 2 UBISOFT (FRANCE) UBISOFT UBISOFT
11 8     NEED FOR SPEED: HOT PURSUIT CRITERION GAMES EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
3 9     MASS EFFECT 2 BIOWARE EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
10 10     NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO
9 11     GRAN TURISMO 5 POLYPHONY DIGITAL SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
18 12     DONKEY KONG COUNTRY RETURNS RETRO STUDIOS NINTENDO NINTENDO
12 13     THE SIMS 3 EXIENT EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
7 14     WII FIT PLUS NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO
14 15     KINECT SPORTS RARE MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
13 16     RED DEAD REDEMPTION: UNDEAD NIGHTMARE ROCKSTAR SAN DIEGO ROCKSTAR TAKE 2
- 17     WII SPORTS RESORT NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO
- 18     WII PARTY ND CUBE NINTENDO NINTENDO
15 19     JUST DANCE UBISOFT (FRANCE) UBISOFT UBISOFT
- 20     BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM ROCKSTEADY STUDIOS PLATINUM SQUARE ENIX EUROPE

Donkey Kong Country Returns

binary solo said:

Well, all Kinect titles in the UK list being down about 6 places means there's been a significant dip in Kinect SW sales (at least) across the board in the UK. It's hardly surprising. We pretty much know, with Wii's performance the last couple of years, that the (for want of a better word) casual games - and hence casually perceived hardware - sell especially well during the holidays, and have a consequent larger fall off after the holidays. It would be a mighty achievement on the part of Kinect if, with it's current SW line up, it carried it's holiday momentum beyond January. It will be interesting to see what happens when the games that are more appealing to the non-holiday console buying demographic (formally known as core gamers) are released for Kinect, and whether that boosts Kinect momentum through the flatter periods of the year.

Or, UK could be experiencing some shortages, like the Americas, and once the supply is back up Kinect and 360 will take off again.

Could also be that since Kinect is a $150 (US) investment that comes with a game. The purchase of additional software lags.  Certainly the percentage of people that purchase a Wii with a piece of software is a good deal lower than the percentage of people that purchase a 360 or PS3 with a piece of software.   Kinect software has remained higher after Christmas simply because of this. People got the Kinect for the holiday and over the next couple of weeks they picked up another piece of software.  Now the software is slowing, but Kinect and Kinect Adventures may continue to sell at a strong pace. Kinect Sports and Dance Central will continue to sell well and chart for a long time, just maybe not in the top 10-20.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.