By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Article on LAST STORY's sales performance

I found this article on the sales of THE LAST STORY.  It's in French, so the translation is quite laughable, but it DOES have hope.

http://www.dirtgamerz.fr/article-the-last-story-tres-bon-demarrage-au-japon-tralalala-lalere-65955052.html

Google Translation reads: Just yesterday that the Japanese were finally able to get hold of The Last Story, the latest baby of Hironobu Sakaguchi and Mistwalker, and I gave my soul to the devil for them.

Si pour le moment on ne connait pas les chiffres officiels, d'après le site nintendo master, de nombreuses enseignes se sont fait dévaliser et la totalité des copies prévues le jour du lancement (environ 400 000 copies) sont parties sur les chapeaux de roue

For the moment we do not know the official figures from Nintendo, but many retailers have been robbed and all copies scheduled for launch day (approximately 400 000 copies) are parties to a flying wheel.

C'est une excellente nouvelle, dans tous les sens du terme, parce qu'elle donne du poids à une localisation occidentale.

This is great news, in every sense of the term, because it gives weight to a western location.

Around the Network

400000?

...yeah, right. Why on earth would the French have data before anyone else?

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

do they have a source for their first shipment figures of 400k?  sounds ludicrously higher than anything we've heard before now.

I don't believe this french article. I wish Nintendo gave freaking figures of this game's launch sales already instead of having rumors left and right.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

That's about 280,000 more units than the last estimate I'd heard.  So, er...fake?

Around the Network

Where are they getting that number from? Sounds completely random and baseless since they are not offering a link for it.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Well the news on this site said they only sold about 120k (if i remember it right) something and that they were going to ship more which was the second day of its release. So were did the 400k come from?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

this is hard to belive!

i guess we have to wait for the week 1 sales from vgchartz or media crate to see how much this sold

Roma said:

Well the news on this site said they only sold about 120k (if i remember it right) something and that they were going to ship more which was the second day of its release. So were did the 400k come from?

Their ass.