By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Weight Loss

One year ago, today, I received a Wii for my birthday. I have noticed something since then. I have last weight. And not just a couple of pounds either.

A year ago I was about 180 lb in a size 8.

Now I'm 125 in a 2. 

No diet no joining a gym no pills the only change is the playing of the Wii. Now to be clear I do not just sit there and twitch my wrists to handle the motion controls. I actually swing my arms as if swinging a sword when playing Zelda, I Actually get up and bowl as if it were a real ball in Wii Sports. In other words I play the Wii the same as if I am actually doing the activity (especially if company is over as guys just love to watch.)

So, am I the preverbial *results not typical, or has anyone else noticed this as well?

Also, a "HA!" to those who one year ago said the Wii was being sold to parents who thought that it was exercise even though it isn't. 

Around the Network

i m getting more heavy then when i play xbox360...

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

how big is that in british sizes? because I reckon it to be from a size 10 to a size 4, which is just unhealthy to lose all that weight in one year cos that would be about 40 KG. but I don't know american sizes so I may be wrong.

Quick search on the net says you are exactly right on the size conversions highwaystar.

kirby007 said:
i m getting more heavy then when i play xbox360...

Because you just suck in everything around you Kirby 

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

lol, no muscles are more heavy than fat^^
and i drink more beer when i wii

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Meaning you lost about 30 KG (1 KG is about 2 Pounds).

60 KG does not sound unhealthy for a normal site (as in height) girl.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Yeah I got the same result, I reckon that the wii does burn the pounds, especially warioware, when I got that I lost about a 6 Kg over 2 weeks. Because I swim about 2 hours a day and spend an hour at the gym I have problems keeping my weight up so I eat lots of carbohydrates and fruit (for sugars) to keep my energy up. Mind you I don't know you, I'm guessing you are quite short and petite in which case you are probably healthy.

Faxanadu said:
Meaning you lost about 30 KG (1 KG is about 2 Pounds).

60 KG does not sound unhealthy for a normal site (as in height) girl.

Yeah 30 Kg sorry, I'm not good and imperial measurements, 30Kg sounds fine over a year

Nintendownsmii said:

A year ago I was about 180 lb in a size 8.

Now I'm 125 in a 2.

Holy crap. I can believe it though, if you play alot. Just playing Wii sports boxing burned me out after half an hour. I was fighting my little cousin (hes like 10) who of course has seemingly unlimited energy. Little punk. Knocked me out too. *sigh*

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )