Portal 3 will be Released Before Half-Life 3

Yes, Portal 3 will come first 3,108 48.72%

No, Half-Life 3 before Portal 3 1,121 17.57%

Who cares, I just want Episode 3 1,289 20.21%

I haz no idearz 861 13.50%

Total:6,379
Kasz216 said:

I'd probably agree with that.

No doubt HL3 has been redesigned a dozen times like TF2.

Afterall they have a whole new design philosophy to cram into it.

http://kotaku.com/5795355/valve-probably-done-with-single+player-games

The Halflife series is essentially where valve "was" and not where valve wants to be seeing single player games like it as the past... because in the new digital world you don't provide games as products... but games as services.

Who is going to buy hat's for Godron Freeman if nobody can see them?

EDITL Oh, and in no way am I slamming Valve with that comment, though that's exactly how such a comment slamming valve would go.  I actually think they're correct in their new design philosphy.

While I agree with you that it's not a bad decision to go into a new direction with their products and adapting to this new time, It would be a incredible shame if they changed Half Life at the core though, I think people could be incredible pissed off if they change Half Life to much.

They need to end the story line, and they need to do it like Half Life has always been, which is what the fans love about the series.

The one change I will accept though is co-op, if they put some incredible effort into it, this could be fantastic.

Around the Network
Millenium said:
Kasz216 said:

The Halflife series is essentially where valve "was" and not where valve wants to be seeing single player games like it as the past... because in the new digital world you don't provide games as products... but games as services.

EDITL Oh, and in no way am I slamming Valve with that comment, though that's exactly how such a comment slamming valve would go.  I actually think they're correct in their new design philosphy.

While I agree with you that it's not a bad decision to go into a new direction with their products and adapting to this new time, It would be a incredible shame if they changed Half Life at the core though, I think people could be incredible pissed off if they change Half Life to much.

They need to end the story line, and they need to do it like Half Life has always been, which is what the fans love about the series.

The one change I will accept though is co-op, if they put some incredible effort into it, this could be fantastic.

I imagine that's what is taking so long.

Trying to keep it true to the core but also fufilling future design philosphy.

Just plain co-op really doesn't help the "gaming as a service" model.

Kasz216 said:
Millenium said:
Kasz216 said:

Nope, but co-op would be badass It would go a bit far if we had to purchase extra items etc to have co-op I feel, there are several games I own where I feel the publisher is trying to deliver a half baked experience for your money and getting you to pay extra to have the full experience.

Even though it should be like:

Buy the game == Full experience

Purchasing extras == Adding on to that full experience

Just my two cents though.

Millenium said:
Kasz216 said:
Millenium said:
Kasz216 said:

Nope, but co-op would be badass It would go a bit far if we had to purchase extra items etc to have co-op I feel, there are several games I own where I feel the publisher is trying to deliver a half baked experience for your money and getting you to pay extra to have the full experience.

Even though it should be like:

Buy the game == Full experience

Purchasing extras == Adding on to that full experience

Just my two cents though.

Oh I agree.  So does Valve.  I mean look at TF2.  Where essentially you got the game WITH other games, and free updates... and items you can earn for free.  Outside of some cosmetic items you can pay for only.

In TF2 you practically only pay for expediency.  Maybe they're looking for another TF2 type game to bundle with halflife for another Orange Box like expierence.

I think Half-Life 3 will come first. Atleast I hope so. I do like Portal alot but I really need to know what happens next in Half-Life.

Around the Network

I hope Half-Life 3 comes as an early next gen title.