By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Next Millionesellers ?

re:uc will definitely hit a million. its already over half a million. it'll finish this year over 600,000. easily hit a million. probably end up around 1.3/1.4 mil. all i can say is wii is gonna have an insane amount of million and multimillion sellers in the next year or two

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

Around the Network
ioi said:
Mario & Sonic is unlikely to do 1 million in Japan.

I would rather wait till after the Olympics in Beijing with this claim. I still dont know what an effect the actual event will have on the game.... 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

ilovetogame said:
re:uc will definitely hit a million. its already over half a million. it'll finish this year over 600,000. easily hit a million. probably end up around 1.3/1.4 mil. all i can say is wii is gonna have an insane amount of million and multimillion sellers in the next year or two

I don't really think it will sell 1.4 million. This is one that'll creep upwards to 1 million. (It broke the expectations of Capcom which were 620k Ww)...

RE: UC is already tracking at 40k a week after 3-4 weeks in Europe (RE4 is doing the same in Europe after 22 weeks or so)

RE4 will have better legs and i won't be surprised if that game will outsell it's older GC and PS2 brother.

THE NETHERLANDS

Btw: Ye Ioi. U'r right! M&S ain't gonna hit no 1 million in Japan. EU and US though, it's climbing up in sales really steadily (almost 200k this week in the EU)...

THE NETHERLANDS

Umbrella Chronicles launched very strongly, especially in Japan and US but the thing that really pushes RE4 legs is its budget pricing. Due to that, RE:UC will just "lick" 1m IMO which is still excellent for such a niche genre and the medium budget behind the game.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
tibisor said:

RRR2

maybe Pokemon Wii

and of course Brawl (whenever it comes out)

I really doubt that RRR2 will hit the million. Pokemon battle revolution on the other hand is very likely. It already started selling in europe.

Going by RRR1 numbers... it should easily hit 1 million.  RRR2 is selling faster then the original.

Current games on shelves that will sell more then 1 million:

Metroid Prime 3 (By December 31st)

Guitar Hero 3 (By December 31st if there is enough stock)

Wii Fit (First week it launches in North America)

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles (Should happen quicker then RE4 Wii edition did)

Pokemon Battle Revolution (Most likely after it gets a price drop) 

For PS3

Ratchet and Clank will sell 1 million copies over time.  Once more people purchase a PS3 the sales will continue to climb.  Ratchet games sell best as greatest hits titles so it'll happen.

Actually that's one of the reason's so many PS2 games sold more then a million.  The greatest hits series really helped to push older titles over that Million seller hump.  Whichever system gets discounted hits titles out first will most likely see the best results from them. 

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.