By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Well, is it 3D vs 3G then?

The ever evolving handheld landscape will be visited by two meteors this year. Will the fight for the market by these two familiar rivals be plagued with arguments of 3D vs 3G? What are your thoughts? Will nintendo null the arguments by announcing a 3G 3DS in a year or will Sony someday reveal the "NGP" to be compatible with Sony 3d glasses? Feel free to discuss if there is a bigger contrast to be had.

Around the Network

Sorry but this is the same chit chat we had back in 2004 the NGP feels just like a PSP for me , and worst , its bigger, fattier and those dual sticks will make is more "UN-PORTABLE" than any other portable device ever, the games may be in the level of the PS3 but didnt the PSP had games on the level of the PS2? Oh and the 3G for me just sucks the last thing i want is to pay per month for some bad 3G service (i all ready pay for it on my android phone) for the only COOL thing is the GPS that if used right may create some great games (can u imagine a GTA multiplayer making use of the GPS?) also other problem to me is the price i dont believe that sony will be able to sell it for less than 300 also the ames will be no less than 49,99.

3DS is also more a evolution than revolution but at least it has great games and something that no other device has a real 3D glass free screen (And miyamoto games to support it) 

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

3G is completely useless for gaming.

It's slow and very expensive.

Who is going to pay 30$ by month just to play with 3G when WIFI is much faster and free?

All fair points so far. Will 3d or 3g be one of the lead questions going forward or is there something bigger to discuss?

aoixgp said:

All fair points so far. Will 3d or 3g be one of the lead questions going forward or is there something bigger to discuss?

I think that 3G is out of equation.

It is more 3D vs raw power HD

Around the Network
aoixgp said:

I could envision a genre war of sorts with fps' on the ngp and fighting games on the 3ds.  Ngp has the obvious design superiority for fps, where as the slide stick on the 3ds will work well for fighters(plus if smash bros comes out).  So far the kind of third party support shows this. 

Do we know if it'll be high-grade 3G (a la Smartphones) or low-grade 3G (a la Kindle), or if it'll be high grade 3G that's free for consumers but subsidized by Sony? That could make a huge difference one way or another

As it is, content will decide over features as it always has, but it'll be interesting to see exactly what sort of 3G the NGP touts

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

It's more like 3D VS HD

Cross-X said:

It's more like 3D VS HD

This. 3G isn't going to be the selling point. Its slow either way.

Cross-X said:

It's more like 3D VS HD

In that case Sony's already lost. They've already established that 3D > HD in their own TV pricing structures :P

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.