By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What will "The Last Story" sell Week 1 in Japan?

What will "The Last Story" sell Week 1 in Japan?

Below 50k 10 3.68%

50-80k 7 2.57%

80-100k 29 10.66%

100-130k 78 28.68%

130-170k 56 20.59%

170k+ 92 33.82%

Total:272
ioi said:

Over 200k

ioi are you serious? Do you have any kind of source that makes you say such a thing? 200k seems way too high considering The Last Story currently only has around 65.000 preorders. I wish this game would sell 1M first week but is's unlikely. Japanese people keep buying crappy software like FFXIII in spite of showing their love to Sakaguchi AAA games. What a pity.

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Conegamer said:
ioi said:

Over 200k

Looks a little high to me. I hope you're right, but what new IP in Japan has even come this close?

(Looks like an idiot when it's 200,001 FW)

Many of them.

For example, just this gen, White Knight Chronicles, God Eater, Ni no Kuni did very close.

Oh. But you don't reckon it'll debut above 200k?

Also, ioi, will update OP with this new info

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

DavidValbu said:
ioi said:

Over 200k

ioi are you serious? Do you have any kind of source that makes you say such a thing? 200k seems way too high considering The Last Story currently only has around 65.000 preorders. I wish this game would sell 1M first week but is's unlikely. Japanese people keep buying crappy software like FFXIII in spite of showing their love to Sakaguchi AAA games. What a pity.

In future, read the rest of the thread.

He says pre-orders have really picked up, and since that article was posted, have now exceeded 100k!

Conegamer said:
Boutros said:
Conegamer said:
ioi said:

Over 200k

Looks a little high to me. I hope you're right, but what new IP in Japan has even come this close?

Many of them.

For example, just this gen, White Knight Chronicles, God Eater, Ni no Kuni did very close.

Nah I don't think it will do 200k first week (let alone 150k) but I expect it to have better legs than most JRPGs.

Christian973 said:

Japanese people are already receiving their copies early. Cover art revealed:

I love that box art. It's awesome

User reviews soon?

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Conegamer said:
Boutros said:
Conegamer said:
ioi said:

Over 200k

Many of them.

Nah I don't think it will do 200k first week (let alone 150k) but I expect it to have better legs than most JRPGs.

The tension will soon be over, just a few more sdays....

Then we'll know for good. Winner gets a prize! 

A permaban!

(Just kidding. May make them some cookies again )

The 2 people that voted <50,000 need to have a pie thrown in their faces, oh and I noticed ioi clarified that LS has over 100K preorders already, what a jump, and can't wait to see it do well.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Nintendogamer said:

The 2 people that voted <50,000 need to have a pie thrown in their faces, oh and I noticed ioi clarified that LS has over 100K preorders already, what a jump, and can't wait to see it do well.

I think they're oblivious to the outside world

~175k launch.

...with ~75k second week, ~30k third, ~20k fourth, ~15k for two weeks, ~10k for two more, ~5-10k per week for the rest of the year till holidays, ~20k through holidays and then obscenely low amount for ridiculously long to amount to 1m.

...I can dream.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Immortal said:

~175k launch.

...with ~75k second week, ~30k third, ~20k fourth, ~15k for two weeks, ~10k for two more, ~5-10k per week for the rest of the year till holidays, ~20k through holidays and then obscenely low amount for ridiculously long to amount to 1m.

...I can dream.

Not really "dreaming". It's realistic. Look at other people in the thread for example!