By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata Asks:Takahashi (Xeno) and Sakaguchi. Iwata mentions "world market".

Could just be fluff, or could at least tie with all the trademarks and redirected domain names

It's also interesting that Nintendo's slowly gathering up the game designers that get disgusted with Square

Horii's next ;)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

please release in europe

Mhm.

Nintendo is planning on ruling the world.

RPG's are the way to do it right.

Please release both in Europe please!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Mr Khan said:

Could just be fluff, or could at least tie with all the trademarks and redirected domain names

It's also interesting that Nintendo's slowly gathering up the game designers that get disgusted with Square

Horii's next ;)

Do you think they are planning on buying Mistwalker like they did with Monolith last gen?

What about the SEGA mutineers? or Inafune? talk about an all-star company

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Around the Network
gumby_trucker said:
Mr Khan said:

Horii's next ;)

Do you think they are planning on buying Mistwalker like they did with Monolith last gen?

What about the SEGA mutineers? or Inafune? talk about an all-star company

That would be great... More studios, more games, Nintendo make it happen... But dont forget to bring those games to the west... 

On topic, yes I think these could be a warm up for the release date confirmation... 

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

I don't understand why they say that "Japanese RPGs aren't as successful outside of Japan".

Based on VGC numbers, most JRPGs sell better in Americas than in Japan.

Quick examples on the PS3 are the likes of Atelier Rorona, Demon's Souls, Disgaea 3, Cross Edge, Trinity Universe, Last Rebellion, Eternal Sonata. Wii games like Pokémon, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Arc Rise Fantasia, Rune Factory: Frontier sold better in Americas. All 360 JRPGs I know sold better in Americas (that's more than 20).

Boutros said:I don't understand why they say that "Japanese RPGs aren't as successful outside of Japan". Based on VGC numbers, most JRPGs sell better in Americas than in Japan. Quick examples on the PS3 are the likes of Atelier Rorona, Demon's Souls, Disgaea 3, Cross Edge, Trinity Universe, Last Rebellion, Eternal Sonata. Wii games like Pokémon, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Arc Rise Fantasia, Rune Factory: Frontier sold better in Americas. All 360 JRPGs I know sold better in Americas (that's more than 20).

Don't know if anyone perceived it, but IMO Iwata and Takahashi are stealth trolling Sony, Square-Enix and MS (and even Wii!). Where did Final Fantasy XIII sell more? Where did Star Ocean 4 sell more?

They are trying to make people believe Xenoblade and The Last Story are the cream of the crop when talking about JRPGs. It is all marketing for those two games.

@boutros good point. maybe they want the games to sell big the first week like in japan. because rpgs in america seem to sell really good over time not really in their first week. and by that time price cuts and such may affect revenue. but still seems odd for them to say that considering.

rccsetzer said:

Boutros said:I don't understand why they say that "Japanese RPGs aren't as successful outside of Japan". Based on VGC numbers, most JRPGs sell better in Americas than in Japan. Quick examples on the PS3 are the likes of Atelier Rorona, Demon's Souls, Disgaea 3, Cross Edge, Trinity Universe, Last Rebellion, Eternal Sonata. Wii games like Pokémon, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Arc Rise Fantasia, Rune Factory: Frontier sold better in Americas. All 360 JRPGs I know sold better in Americas (that's more than 20).

Don't know if anyone perceived it, but IMO Iwata and Takahashi are stealth trolling Sony, Square-Enix and MS (and even Wii!). Where did Final Fantasy XIII sell more? Where did Star Ocean 4 sell more?

They are trying to make people believe Xenoblade and The Last Story are the cream of the crop when talking about JRPGs. It is all marketing for those two games.

But they are.... (well we don't know yet for sure about TLS, since no one has actually played it, but Xenoblade is definitely up there at the top according to many reports).

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin