By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tales of Graces F all but confirmed for the West

makingmusic476 said:

I can see it now.  Namco will announce Graces for Wii, and only for Wii.  They will then announce Xillia for PS3 in a year.  Gotta split up that fanbase as much as possible, ya know.

Of course, logic would imply they'd release all three Tales games on a single platform to try and consolidate that fanbase and maxmize sales.  Probably on the console that already sold a fuckton of a certain other JRPG in the West.  But while that is what logic may imply, this is Namco.  They do not know logic.

Just kidding.  That probably won't happen.  I hope.

No home console's sold a fuckton of JRPGs this gen in the west.  In past generations PS1 and PS2 did, and somehow every Tales game ever brought over still bombed hard on them.

If Namco had even an ounce of logic, they'd have followed up Symphonia's monster western success with Abyss on GameCube, Vesperia on Wii, Graces on Wii and would be getting ready for Xillia on Wii. ;)

Around the Network
Mad55 said:
MonstaMack said:

It will be interesting to see what happens. I guess they don't want to release Vesperia for the PS3 since It's so off in the future now since It's release.

The last Tales game in the US did  129,806 (TOS: Dawn of a New World, Wii. I don't see EMEA numbers)

Tales of Vesperia did 97,856 in the US and 35,719 in EMEAA.

I still think their safest bet is to release on the Wii because we don't know how strong the US and EMEA PS3 numbers will be. They broke 100k in the US with the last tales game. It's a shame they won't match TOS Gamecube success level.

I'm gonna root for the Wii either way because I have no intentions of buy a PS3. I own a Wii which I buy a few games a year for it (this would be another one of them) and mainly game on the 360 (which I am sure won't see any more Tales games due to the lackluster Japanese sales for TOV and the Wii Tales game doing better).

where are those numbers coming from. vgchartz numbers say vesperia did over 200,000 in america.

He's looking at the ten week totals.  Seems that Vesperia had better legs, at least according to vgc.

EDIT: woops, that was already covered.

All your buts are belong to makingmusic

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

hiroko said:
Metallicube said:

Well I personally hope it's realeased on Wii because for one, Wii needs the quality third party titles far more than the PS3, and two, I don't own a PS3 and don't plan to buy one just for this game.

that realy egocentrict, they need to release the games  both on wii and ps3

i want my jrpg

Well what I mean is PS3 can get it too as long as Wii gets it. I'm not that selfish :P

It can be on PS3 or Wii or anything. I don't care. I just wanna play it! :3

OK, I might be a little biased for the Wii since I loved the controls for DotNW. ;D

Around the Network

The picture has been updated!

Now, is it just me or do I see a huge W in there!? Awww, Namco is playing tricks on me for sure.

Bring it on Namco. For either system it doesnt matter. Preferrably for Wii I got like 40 PS3 games versus 7 for Wii. My library is looking way to lopsided. OR better yet bring both for people who dont have one or the other

Inverted with black background. I see Pac-Man?

Soriku said:

Uh...Tales games won't sell a whole lot on any console which is why a multiplat release would be better for sales. Also, even though the is "apparently" not core enough or something for Tales (and like I said, Tales games don't sell a whole lot either way which makes that point completely moot), ToS: DotNW and ToV are the best selling US Tales games besides the orginal ToS which is just a big outlier.

Also Japan sales are hardly a good indication of Western sales. It's not worth bringing up at all.

I wouldnt necessarily say multiplayform games sell better. personally i think games like this that appeal to a niche auidence sell better as exclusives, because of their exclusive status and because they recieve more hype because of being exclusive.

i dont think the Wii is core enough, as shown by the Japanese sales. the PS3/360 can achieve more in their respective core auidences imho. i dont really see all those people who bought Wii Fit or Mario Galaxy here in the west quite so interested in JRPGs. but maybe they are... although based on sales of other types of games on the console i wouldnt have thought so.

i dont know what qualifies as selling a lot for a Tales game here in the west, but based on the sales of game like Valkyria Chronicles, Resonance of Fate, Star Ocean 4, etc theres potential for it to reach similar types of sales and slowly grow into a more popular series, an exclusive status could provide that.

tehsage said:It can be on PS3 or Wii or anything. I don't care. I just wanna play it! :3 OK, I might be a little biased for the Wii since I loved the controls for DotNW. ;D

I have both consoles, but i don't know why you don't want it on PS3. I want to play games with all the HD glory! I hope it is released for both. If not i want it for PS3.