By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 3 - the biggest PS3 game!!

"As our first of many topics to give you all the details on this powerhouse, we are happy to announce that Killzone 3 is 41.5 GB making it just a little bit over Final Fantasy XIII making it the largest current Playstation 3 title. This is quite a shock considering the last game (Killzone 2) clocked in with a respectable 12 GB! With this news though, I’m sure you have to be wondering if there’s a data install. I mean most largest games have one, and you want something this nice to run perfectly right? Well we are happy to announce that Killzone 3 officially has NO data install and runs perfectly!"

Source

Damn that's one hell of a jump 12 GB to 41.5 GB.

Around the Network

you need to check the official thread more :P I posted this info there AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGES ago (yesterday)

but yeah 41 plus GB of Awesomeness awaits

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

and no install...

I play PC and PS3. The best of both worlds.

Coincidentally the news of the massive data spike comes conveniently after news of the PS3 hack. I suspect they tried to make the game download proof more than anything.

Tease.

Squilliam said:

Coincidentally the news of the massive data spike comes conveniently after news of the PS3 hack. I suspect they tried to make the game download proof more than anything.

Why download the game if you can just rent the game, rip it, and give it back?

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

And if that is the actual reason, kudos to Sony.

KZ is pretty light in the CGI department so I don't really know where its coming from.Unless its repeated data which kinda hinders the bragging rights.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

41.5GB.....O_O

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Gilgamesh said:

"As our first of many topics to give you all the details on this powerhouse, we are happy to announce that Killzone 3 is 41.5 GB making it just a little bit over Final Fantasy XIII making it the largest current Playstation 3 title. This is quite a shock considering the last game (Killzone 2) clocked in with a respectable 12 GB! With this news though, I’m sure you have to be wondering if there’s a data install. I mean most largest games have one, and you want something this nice to run perfectly right? Well we are happy to announce that Killzone 3 officially has NO data install and runs perfectly!"

Source

This isn't the biggest ps3 game mgs4 is its about 50 gb but u also have to install data for it  

irtz said:
Gilgamesh said:

Source

This isn't the biggest ps3 game mgs4 is its about 50 gb but u also have to install data for it  

Actually I was just going to point out this finally clears up the whole drama about the wording of statements about MGS4's size.

I was adamant that they had only claimed to fill a single-sided Blu-Ray before needing to switch to a dual-layer one.

This proves that argument.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS