By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rediscovering the PS2

Kennyheart said:

Yeha I rediscovering my old ps2 games. Playing resident evil 4 right now.

Ugh, get it on Gamecube/Wii... it's quite underwhleming on the PS2...

Around the Network
Xen said:
Kennyheart said:

how?

Kennyheart said:
Xen said:
Kennyheart said:

how?

Mostly graphics... it's rather low-poly and washed out since I have it on PS2 and GC (played GC first) I have that feeling... did you see any cutscenes yet? Those are ACTUAL Gamecube ingame graphics.

Xen said:
Kennyheart said:
Xen said:
Kennyheart said:

how?

Mostly graphics... it's rather low-poly and washed out since I have it on PS2 and GC (played GC first) I have that feeling... did you see any cutscenes yet? Those are ACTUAL Gamecube ingame graphics.

I don't care about the graphics since it's a last gen game I am not going to attack it because of graphics.

Kennyheart said:
Xen said:
Kennyheart said:
Xen said:
Kennyheart said:

how?

I don't care about the graphics since it's a last gen game I am not going to attack it because of graphics.

Last-gen or not, I only settle for the best looking versions. No reason to settle for anything less.

Around the Network
Xen said:
Kennyheart said:
Xen said:
Kennyheart said:
Xen said:
Kennyheart said:

how?

Last-gen or not, I only settle for the best looking versions. No reason to settle for anything less.

so you will only buy games with the best graphics?

Kennyheart said:
Xen said:
Kennyheart said:
Xen said:
Kennyheart said:
Xen said:
Kennyheart said:

how?

No. But when I have a choice between versions, I only go for the one that noticeably better looking. The new PS2 features in RE4 aren't much to write home about.

Xen said:
Kennyheart said:
Xen said:
Kennyheart said:
Xen said:
Kennyheart said:
Xen said:
Kennyheart said:

how?

No. But when I have a choice between versions, I only go for the one that noticeably better looking. The new PS2 features in RE4 aren't much to write home about.

well it's a port what do you expect.

Kennyheart said:
Xen said:
Kennyheart said:
Xen said:
Kennyheart said:
Xen said:
Kennyheart said:
Xen said:
Kennyheart said:

how?

well it's a port what do you expect.

It's a port to a weaker console. Ports can be better than the original version, however. Or identical. RE4 is just too much for the PS2 to handle in its original form.

has any one played dragonball z sagas