By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rediscovering the PS2

Doobie_wop said:

Persona 4 is amazing, but it's save system is just crazy. I go into the shadow world to fight heaps of monsters for like an hour, but then they don't have any save points within the world. So if I die, I'm screwed and I'll have to restart the dungeon all over again. It just happened to me for the first time today and I'm kind of reluctant to go back and keep playing, mainly because I have so many other games to play.

I think that they make that to you not spend much hours in the dungeon on a single game day, for your character not stay overstrong and make the story events unbalanced.

Around the Network
c03n3nj0 said:

I HATE YOU, YOU LUCKY BASTARD! 

The only Ico I came across was 70 bucks. :'( 
I dream of finding it cheaply. 

I know I was very lucky.  Just looking around for a Silent Hill 2 and Boom!  Ico right there.  I thought I would look at it, see the 60$ price tag and leave it there.  So, I take it and, 4,99$.  I could NOT believe it.  Surely, there was a mistake.  I go and pay for it, with Silent Hill Homecoming, and the salesman tells me there is a promo.  So, I got It for free.  One of the luckiest day of my gaming life.  I had been looking around for 2 years for that game.  Keep looking.  You never know!  I sure did not see it coming. 

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!

Onibaka said:
Doobie_wop said:

Persona 4 is amazing, but it's save system is just crazy. I go into the shadow world to fight heaps of monsters for like an hour, but then they don't have any save points within the world. So if I die, I'm screwed and I'll have to restart the dungeon all over again. It just happened to me for the first time today and I'm kind of reluctant to go back and keep playing, mainly because I have so many other games to play.

I think that they make that to you not spend much hours in the dungeon on a single game day, for your character not stay overstrong and make the story events unbalanced.

Not true.

You can stick around as long as you damn please. What you're talking abut is P3.

Xen said:
RolStoppable said:
Xen said:
NYANKS said:

Playstation 2, still the best console ever made.  <3

And shall forever be.

No faith in Sony to ever top it?

No faith in anyone topping it, ever.

Yeah.  The competition alone might largely prevent this. 

NYANKS said:
Xen said:
RolStoppable said:
Xen said:
NYANKS said:

Playstation 2, still the best console ever made.  <3

And shall forever be.

No faith in Sony to ever top it?

No faith in anyone topping it, ever.

Yeah.  The competition alone might largely prevent this. 

Yup, that's part of it. Last gen, all you needed was a PS2. This gen, you gotta have 2 out of 3 or all 3!

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Doobie_wop said:

I bought Persona 4 for $9, Kingdom Hears for $5, Kingdom Hearts 2 for $5, Xenogears 2 for $2, Grandia 2 for $2, Jeto GP for $1 and some Shadow Hearts game for $2.. That was all in the last week or so, a couple of them I found at an EB Games, but the others were being sold by some old couple with a stand at my local market.

I was mainly a Gamecube gamer during that era, so outside of Jak & Daxter, God of War, Yu-Gi-Oh: Duelist of Roses and the Dragonball Z games, I didn't really have much of a history with the PS2. I've recently been trying to catch up on all the good games

Kingdom Hearts is pretty amazing, but it's camera is really bad and the plat-forming elements are unnecessary.

WTF, Xenogears for $2?? Sell me a copy if you find it that cheap again, lol.

As for P4, buy Goho-Ms from the shop in town. They'll let you return back to the start of the dungeon so you can just go back a screen and save. Don't overestimate yourself, and plus you shouldn't get lazy since you can return back to the floor you left off from (or any other floor you've been) anyway.

He MUST mean one of the Xenosaga games... or so I hope (because I payed $53 or $55 for my copy of Xenogears, hahaha), and even at $2 that's damn dirt cheap. I WISH we had something like Gamestop or EB here. I gotta pay 15x  the prices he did @ import.

Wow!  Final Fantasy X is very good.  I prefer it to XIII, especially because of the characters. I really care for Yuna and Tidus is a fun main character.  I like is attitude.  The combat system is also more interesting. 

As far as Ico is concern, it is tough.  I never played a game that makes you feel totally alone.  And it's not just the atmosphere, but sometimes, I feel like I have NO idea what to do next.  Then, all of a sudden, I find a ledge I had not noticed before that brings the solution so I can move forward with my silent princess.  This game is something really different.

I found another great game cheap, SIlent Hill 3 with the soundtrack.  I am a big fan of the series, so, my PS2 will continue to give my 360 a break.  As anyone played Shadow of the Colossus?  It's supposed to be as good and artistic as Ico.  Might be worth a look.  And what about Final Fantasy X-2?  Any good?

Thanks!

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!

pots555 said:

Wow!  Final Fantasy X is very good.  I prefer it to XIII, especially because of the characters. I really care for Yuna and Tidus is a fun main character.  I like is attitude.  The combat system is also more interesting.

As far as Ico is concern, it is tough.  I never played a game that makes you feel totally alone.  And it's not just the atmosphere, but sometimes, I feel like I have NO idea what to do next.  Then, all of a sudden, I find a ledge I had not noticed before that brings the solution so I can move forward with my silent princess.  This game is something really different.

I found another great game cheap, SIlent Hill 3 with the soundtrack.  I am a big fan of the series, so, my PS2 will continue to give my 360 a break.  As anyone played Shadow of the Colossus?  It's supposed to be as good and artistic as Ico.  Might be worth a look.  And what about Final Fantasy X-2?  Any good?

Thanks!

It's great, do't listen to the hater armada.

X-2 has perhaps the most interesting battle system of any Final Fantasy and is a nice continuation of FFX. People didn't like it because of the three female main characters and the resulting "girliness" but that's kind of a non-issue. Get it and love it!

And if you're enjoying ICO its almost completely certain that you'll love SOTC as well.

I survived the Apocalyps3

Yeha I rediscovering my old ps2 games. Playing resident evil 4 right now.