By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Mass Effect 2 PS3 gets 8.5 from Gamespot

I have long tried to remain netral in the gaming wars valuing all my consoles being PC,PS3,Xbox360,Wii,DS and PSP but this crosses the line.

Having already picked up and played the PS3 version and not suffering a moment of slowdown worse than can be expected from any video game (Mass Effect 2 Xbox360 version) with slightly better visuals and extra content I find it hard to believe that Gamespot considered it a full 5% lower than its 360 conterpart

Gamespot IS a big Xbox360 fanboy

PSWii

Around the Network
TheConduit said:

I have long tried to remain netral in the gaming wars valuing all my consoles being PC,PS3,Xbox360,Wii,DS and PSP but this crosses the line.

Having already picked up and played the PS3 version and not suffering a moment of slowdown worse than can be expected from any video game (Mass Effect 2 Xbox360 version) with slightly better visuals and extra content I find it hard to believe that Gamespot considered it a full 5% lower than its 360 conterpart

It's 5% who cares?

Every review I have read said this is the better version. The only knock is that you lose some small things because of Mass Effect 1 comic is not a comprehensive as the game was.

^And that you can't use your save from ME that made ME2 an even greater experience and that the game is already an year old..

cmeese47 said:

Every review I have read said this is the better version. The only knock is that you lose some small things because of Mass Effect 1 comic is not a comprehensive as the game was.

Hmm, surprised because from websites that actually focus on graphical jargon, the PC version is still beyond this version, and the ps3 version has some issues. The comic does suck, but I guess bioware was limited to what they could show and not show.

Around the Network

apparently having an extra character is bad. and the glitches and bugs were for the downloadable content.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Who cares?

Every PS3 owner who hasn't been able to play this awesome game should consider making a smart investment, specially if they cannot play the games on pc.

This seems to be pretty common. When a hyped game releases, its review scores are typically inflated due to the hype. Review the same game a year later, even with additional content and more polish, and the score drops because of no hype.

Whatever.

TheConduit said:

So...GameSpot is a boy that digs the 360?

People who live in glass houses...etc.